DSDPlus V1.074 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieUSA

This release seems to have solved most of my problems.

The map works now, and no crashes.

The only problem I still have is when someone is talking the scan will resume, and cut the off.

mmisk

It is amazing!! FMP works so well now. There seems to be a delay when a slot is busy with voice traffic.
Was this added to this release? Can the delay time be adjusted?

Using it now to scan a system.

Mike

nutrot

really basic question:

DSD+ supports P25 X2. Is that the same as p25 phase2?

RayAir

really basic question:

DSD+ supports P25 X2. Is that the same as p25 phase2?

It is my understanding X2-TDMA was a pre-P25 phase 2 system.

It was developed before P25 phase 2 was finalized.

Voyager

Correct. X2 was Motorola's estimate of what the final P25 Phase II standard would be.

There is no such thing as P25 X2. There is P25 Phase II and there is X2. They are two different things, but similar.

D

DaveNF2G

Hmm. Two opposing reports on scanning during voice operations. I can't try out 1.074 until I get home from work, so I don't know which is right.

One says that there seems to be a rescan delay during voice transmissions. Another reports that FMP resumes scanning after a couple of seconds regardless, which has been my experience up to v1.073.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Another really basic question. I have not used the DSDPlus 1.07 versions yet. Are you all using some dongle like RTL or AirSpy and an intermediate program like SDRSharp. What do you need in terms of a basic set up to use DSDPlus 1.07 versions. Will a tapped scanner do. Is this similar to previous DSDPlus versions in terms of basic set-up needed. Thanks for any responses.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
To answer both of the above questions, it should work with any receiver that can have baseband/discriminator audio piped from it to the software. This means a dongle, Airspy, Funcube, etc. using either VBAudio Cable or Virtual Audio Cable software. It also will work with a tapped scanner. I use it with my BC898T scanner, for example.

The FMP softare for scanning however will only at this time work with the RTL dongle, unless something has changed that I've missed. For the Airspy SDR# would be the likely choice. The scanner of course scans on its own and no need for any other software is required.

joeuser

The Wretched
To answer both of the above questions, it should work with any receiver that can have baseband/discriminator audio piped from it to the software. This means a dongle, Airspy, Funcube, etc. using either VBAudio Cable or Virtual Audio Cable software. It also will work with a tapped scanner. I use it with my BC898T scanner, for example.

The FMP softare for scanning however will only at this time work with the RTL dongle, unless something has changed that I've missed. For the Airspy SDR# would be the likely choice. The scanner of course scans on its own and no need for any other software is required.

Outstanding - thanks

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Another really basic question. I have not used the DSDPlus 1.07 versions yet. Are you all using some dongle like RTL or AirSpy and an intermediate program like SDRSharp. What do you need in terms of a basic set up to use DSDPlus 1.07 versions. Will a tapped scanner do. Is this similar to previous DSDPlus versions in terms of basic set-up needed. Thanks for any responses.

Works great with a PSR-800.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Avast sometimes gets cranky over packed .exe's too. As with anything on the internet it's buyer beware, but I'm not concerned about it. Especially anything from McAfee! (no offense) :)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It shows 6 Radio records saved and 4 group records saved. If so where does it save it at? I looked in the DSDplus.radios but won't open it asks to open with. Do I open that with Text Document?

Last edited:

nme_82

Hi All, I am monitoring DMR channel with this release of DSD and it shows both enhanced and basic privacies on the same channel with the same radios. Which privaci is finally on place enhanced or basic?
see the screenshot:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,545

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you getting errors in your decoding at all? Weak signal maybe? TRBO radios can only have basic OR enhanced... Not both at the same time. So something funky is happening here...

Status
Not open for further replies.