New Member in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpe3bql

I just joined this forum today.
Would appreciate hearing from any one, especially anyone in the Metro Nashville area who does any scanning of police. etc., bands.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forum I am in West Tn so I will not be much help to you in the Nashville area but here in the Tn forum there are several threads on the Nashville area to help you get started. If you have a basic question I may can answer for you.
#1. Nashville uses P25 Phase 1
#2. The THP and others are using the TACN that is P25 Phase 2
#3. Franklin Public Safety is P25 Phase 1
#4. The only scanner that hears the Motorola TRBO digital is the AOR AR-DV1 this does not do trunking which are #1 #2 #3 and has a cost over $1100.00

wpe3bql

I'm very unfamiliar with any of the current Metro Nashville scanner channels since I've been away from doing much scanner monitoring for 20+ years.
This was when I was living in Clarksville TN, and back then I don't think either city had switched to digital and/or trunking systems. I could even monitor some of the cell phone transmissions by merely clipping a diode in my old Radio Shack scanner.
I tried purchasing what was advertised as the HomePatrol Digital/Trunking Analog Scanner from C. Crane Company. This scanner was one that you could merely enter your ZIP code and then the scanner would set up most of your local scanner traffic. Sad to say, C. Crane no longer carries that scanner.

At any rate, it was good to hear from you. Since I'm somewhat disabled due to a stroke, I normally don't travel very far from the Nashville area any more. When I was employed by the phone company I did have the opportunity to drive I-40 thru much of W TN on my way to some vendor schools in TX, but since I retired from MaBell some 5 yrs ago, I've pretty much confined my ventures to the northern Middle TN area.

Maybe some day I get out in that area. If there's some way I can send a PM to you on this Forum, I'll do that so we can communicate more directly.
73's & DX

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The Home Patrol 2 will do most of what you want Clarksville uses a system now that can not be tracked with a scanner plus they are running encryption on everything even the Fire Department If you are south of the nashville airport you should get Nashville and the Franklin and the new State TACN systems with no problems programs with computer or zipcode.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Clarksville is full time on the TACN after they upgraded and converted the old EDACS PV over to P25. They are full time encrypted on every TG. Even DPW.

Status
Not open for further replies.