Jade helm 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire up the scanners! This could be interesting scanning July 15 to Sept 15! Might be cool to post captures here during the exercise in 9 states.

Do huckleberry

The DRILL actually will take place. The PURPOSE of the drill is what is controversial. THIS POST IS NOT
ABOUT the controversy.

KB7MIB

Jade Helm 15 is an actual military training exercise planned to start in mid July, will be conducted across 9 states, and will involve both conventional and special operations units.

Yes, a far right wing conspiracy theory has popped up in regards to it.

Jade Helm 15: The Facts About the Training Exercise Causing Jitters in Texas - ABC News

I'll be keeping an eye open for any activity around the Phoenix metro area. It wouldn't be the first time we've had an influx of military helo's, such as Huey's, Seaknights/Chinooks, and Super Jolly's/Super Stallion's flying around. Some were based out of Glendale munincipal airport, just a few miles from me.

IIRC, years ago, the military even conducted building raids via fast rope techniques in downtown Phoenix after business hours.

John
Peoria, AZ

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
What I don't understand is there are exercises every summer, EVERY summer, and somehow, this one is special to the whackjobs. A local one is all into it and denies ever seeing strings of military vehicles around the Toledo area. He must be totally out of it, I see them every summer and have for over 30 years.

PACNWDude

Just monitor all standard military frequency ranges.

VHF High and Lo, UHF. May hear HF as well. Aircraft will be on AM and FM. If they do it right much of it will be encrypted.

Military radios have not changed THAT much, SINCGARs is still in use, as are PRC-113's in UHF and VHF. There will be Motorola APX radios in use, Harris PRC-117's and PRC-152's, Thales PRC-148 MBITR and JEM radios. Just do your research and monitor accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.