Buncombe NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cino

I just got my scanner out and noticed I cant seem to pick anything up from the buncombe county sheriff dept. i also noticed ALL of the live feeds are dead now.

Do I need to get a new scanner? I have a very old AOR 1000xlt.

Can someone point me to info on what has happened or what i might need to purchase to catch up with current equipment

Tia

QDP2012

If I remember correctly, there are several threads about this in the North Carolina forum. You might want to search that forum for more details. You probably won't find a detailed answer here in the General Scanning forum.

I've requested that a moderator move this thread to the North Carolina forum, so that you get a better reply.

Hope this helps,

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
BCSO is now full time on the County 700 MHz TRS. EMS and Fire are about 50/50 use of conventional/TRS. Am unsure if the PD's are still using their conventional talkarounds etc...
Asheville is still on the Legacy Smartzone TRS, which will most likely be getting upgraded in the next year or so as that format is about to be discontinued. State LEA etc is on the VIPER P25, including MAMA helo/ground ops. UNC-A PD has use of the Asheville TRS, and VIPER, as well as still has VHF, unsure if they use the VHF anymore though. IMAP Asheville has ops on VIPER and the Asheville TRS. Not sure if they are simulcasting on both systems, or not as last time I went up there last fall, I only caught em on the ATRS.

EMS is encrypted on the ER TG on the TRS, but is in the clear last I heard on the conventional.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
What system are being used.
BCSO - 100% 700Mhz
TWPD - 50/50 700Mhz
Fire - 50/50 700Mhz
BCPW - VHF/UHF
TWPW - VHF/UHF
School - VHF/UHF

cino

Thanks for the replies. it seems we are in a transition period ugh...so would the BCD396XT work for upcoming changes?

cino

i had no idea I thought someone was referring to weaverville and woodfin my self

Status
Not open for further replies.