DSDPlus V1.074 Running with Basic Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmisk

I have DSDPlus V1.074 running with scanning using FMP.exe that is included with the files.
It is working very well. You can scan and listen to voice activity, but not individual talk groups at this time.
The logs are excellent.
Should be interesting to see what is active during tomorrow's holiday when most of the boring activity
is off the air.

Has anyone else in Ottawa tried this version yet.

Mike

slicerwizard

BTW, I made a Canada-wide TAFL csv file that works with FMP; it's handy when you're sniffing around the bands, as it shows you what licensee you're probably tuned to. And with FMP-Map, you see exactly where the transmitter is.

If anyone would like a copy, let me know and I'll upload it somewhere. Also, peeps don't seem to like that Zippyshare site, so if you know of a better free alternative, speak up!

mmisk

I should have realized it would be a large file.

I have it now from the Zippyshare site.

Thank you very much.

MM

slicerwizard

Can you confirm that it's working properly for you? FMP's console window should list any in-range matches and FMP-Map should display the nearest match. Of course, all of this presumes that you've edited FMP.cfg to set your monitoring location.

mmisk

When I first ran it with your csv file, it was finding locations that were in the Toronto area.
I then put in my location, and now it does not find any matches, so I will have to work in this
when I get some time this week. There are listings for the frequency's I am scanning so
it should work.

Mike

mmisk

OK...It is working fine now, the trouble was I had opened the csv file with Open Office
and after closing it, FMP did not like the file.
I installed your original file and everything is working really well.
This is really interesting seeing all the locations come up instantly.

Thanks again for the file.

pkneeyahx

Human
I have this version running just fine. i'm just west of Ottawa. had to copy the DLLs from sdr# to get the dongle to be recognized. finally figured out to put edacs system freqs into the fmp.scanlist.

Fmp and dsd work well together with stopping on provoice only comms

Has anyone else in Ottawa tried this version yet.

Mike

mmisk

Hello pkneeyahx,

I am east of Ottawa, so between the two of us we should be able to produce a list of DMR site, over quite a large area. (and other active frequencys)

Do you also use SDR Sharp with the Frequency Manager add in? This is one of my favorite apps.
You can turn on the frequency overlay, and all of your entries show up on the spectrum display.

If you use frequency manager I can send you my file.

Mike

slicerwizard

He means digital radio systems that use the DMR protocol. Maybe you know it as MotoTRBO, which is a DMR variant that many, but not all DMR systems use.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you currently using the public version? DSD won't allow you to hear anything extra on your scanner... With it properly setup on your PC what you will hear? Depends what's in your area!

slicerwizard

Thanks very much for this. Quite useful.

Once i had the correct location set, it was properly figuring out sites that are most local to me and mapping them. Very neat!
Roger that. I was using it a couple of days ago when I was hanging out near Sunnybrook Hospital here in Toronto and I kept finding really strong UHF carriers and sure enough, FMP-Map was showing gorram taxi transmitters a few km away. They were just hammering my R820T dongle. It would be nice if FMP / FMP-Map would also display ERP...

Status
Not open for further replies.