Bridgeport FG 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

Bridgeport FD has changed their Fire Ground 4 Frequency.

Its now 151.0025 PL 156.7 simplex

I got them testing the other day and they said activate the repeater and put it on "Bridgeport" took me a few to find it but they had it crossed from the 151.0025 to the UASI Bridgeport talk group.
Sounded very good.
I'm guessing they have some sort of VHF repeater hooked up to the 700/800 radio in the BC cars, smart idea now they can talk on that radio from their VHF portable and not have to carry two of them.
I could see a advantage in using it on the 700 interop simplex fire channels and crossed to their FG4.
With over 500 new UASI portables flooding the Fairfield county area it could come in handy, they could cross those 700/800 portables to Bridgeport FG2 or FG3 also, nice option in a large incident.

Smart guys at Bridgeport FD there!!!!!!!!!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
nice catch!

Nice catch APX! Hopefully this will be changed in the database as well! You think this will be the case for all the FG channels at some point? I'm thinking they will do all their testing on this channel then update or change the others.

Manny

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what the big tower is with the antennas in Bridgeport near 95. Looks to be near cherry st.
Also isn't 151mz a repeater frequency as shown on Bridgeport Fire Departments FCC License.
And not fireground 4? Wondering if that tower is for the new 700mz system?

MrAntiDigital

Anyone know what the big tower is with the antennas in Bridgeport near 95. Looks to be near cherry st.
Also isn't 151mz a repeater frequency as shown on Bridgeport Fire Departments FCC License.
And not fireground 4? Wondering if that tower is for the new 700mz system?

There is a similar tower of the kind you might be talking about along I-95 northbound in Madison near the Guilford line.

If I remember correctly, I also think that 151 --- MHz was an inbound (?) repeater frequency.

I don't really offer much help here but just adding to the above statement.

APX7500X2

And not fireground 4? QUOTE]

The above is exactly how the data base gets screwed up all the time, and why I don't send updates anymore.
If your looking at the FCC license you would see the 151.0025 is an MO3 and as stated being used as a mobile repeater (MO3) the 151.340 on the same license is an input channel for one of the system repeaters

A perfect example of bad information would be Greenwich FG A & B Both wrong for the past 5 years, I PM a "Moderator" and they tell me they have someone who has first hand knowledge of the system and its correct.
meantime I listen to them on the correct 769 mhz fire ground channels all the time.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
APX
You are correct about Greenwich's fireground channels. I think I was the one who submitted them years ago. The 775mhz channels are licensed under Stamford and was in Greenwich portables back then. I just confirmed tonight that the 769mhz ones are being used. I will send in a correction for the database. Thanks

MrAntiDigital

You can try the following website.
AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.
Sometime their data can be old but you might find what you are looking for.
Could be the State Police tower you are looking at as I know that is next to I-95 by ext 27.
Good luck!
Dave

"Dave520", Thank you. But the tower he is asking about is NOT the tower at the State Police Barracks near Exit 27. It is between Exits 25 and 26, on the northbound side. Another large antenna tower. Anybody know what that is for.

As I mentioned earlier, there is another one very similar, northbound I-95, at the Madison/Guilford line.

APX7500X2

"Dave520", Thank you. But the tower he is asking about is NOT the tower at the State Police Barracks near Exit 27. It is between Exits 25 and 26, on the northbound side. Another large antenna tower. Anybody know what that is for.
QUOTE]

A 2 min search on the internet comes up all with this. The frequencies could be there or could have been when they built it. The internet has everything your looking for

Ownership Info
Rep
Company: HILL & WELCH
Phone: (202)775-0070
Email: WELCHLAW@CLARK.NET

Address: 1330 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE., N.W. #113
WASHINGTON, DC, 20036

Owner
Company: PAGING ASSOICATES, INC.
Phone: (203)932-3500
Address: 24 ROCKDALE ROAD
WEST HAVEN, CT, 06516
•Tower Characteristics

Registration #: 1200672
Latitude: 41.1662
Longitude: -73.2171
Structure Type: Tower
Date Constructed: 07/29/1999

Ground Elev: 15.1 feet
Height Of Structure: 256.9 feet
Overall Height: 292.0 feet
Structure Address: 623 PINE STREET
BRIDGEPORT, CT

Transmitter Frequencies
1 FB6C 1 929.7125 300w

1 FB6 1 471.6875 110w

1 FB6C 1 929.1375 300w

1 FB6C 1 929.6625 300w

1 FB 159.495 75w

1 FB 159.54 75w

1 FBBS 1 454.075 350w

1 FB6 451.275 110w
2 451.725 110w
3 452.05 110w
4 452.25 110w
5 452.625 110w
6 453.000 110w

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Moderators do not typically have database access. They only moderate the discussion forums. I am one a few (usually the most active) database admins for Connecticut and usually process them within 72 hours or less. If there is a question on where it should be and its use, I'll add notes to the submissions.

More information that can be packed into the submission, the better fit into the database. It works off of user input. Garbage in, garbage out. If there is a conflict, I'll pose it to the forums to get a consensus for those in an area.

I don't get on these forums as much as I'd like, so if information for changes are in threads, I may miss it - as the forums are not the place to request database updates. That's what the submission tabs are for.

xplorer417

update this is new information

hi all I went to a show today a company that's dealing w Bridgeport. they are switching in the near future to all digital not sure when it will be this year I presume for the switch for all chs going p25.there picking up apx probably the 8000. if anyone catch the nacs can someone please post thanks.

MrAntiDigital

hi all I went to a show today a company that's dealing w Bridgeport. they are switching in the near future to all digital not sure when it will be this year I presume for the switch for all chs going p25.there picking up apx probably the 8000. if anyone catch the nacs can someone please post thanks.

Please say it's not true.

I have family members there that I often visit. We all listen to the Bridgeport FD with a city firehouse right around the corner.

I grew up there and chased some of the biggest fires I have ever seen in my life when the place was really burning.

My father and my brother were both on the job there. One a Captain and one a Battalion Chief.

I have many friends on there who I often listen to as they respond

I can now pick them up loud and clear in my car from Stamford to Madison along I-95, without any skip.

Despite owning a digital scanner and getting somebody who is much smarter than I am to put it into my little scanner, it will never be the same. Once again, sometimes being old really does have its advantages. It was so easy before and many times traveling down there on I-95 I could see the smoke in the sky from miles away. Of course I knew exactly where it was coming from. Another building in Bridgeport burning.

I guess if you weren't around, I can understand how this may be difficult for you to understand. But you just got to take my word for it. It was so much better then.

Well, I got over New London PD/FD, I got over Providence PD/FD, I got over the Bridgeport PD and I'm sure I'll get over the Bridgeport FD too

So it looks like Mr Anti Digital writes another one off. This time it really is one of my favorites and this will really hurt. Sorry but I get a little depressed over this.

zuzuski

Please say it's not true. .

It's call progress sir.....

Public Safety Radio systems are not designed for the BUFF.... They are designed to provide the latest in responder safety and technology. Does it always work right? No, (what really does) but it's called progress.

Designed properly, yes, a responder will have more resources at their finger tips.

MrAntiDigital

This is something that has certainly taken a toll on me. After some counseling and therapy I was advised to talk to some of those "in the know", who might be involved in this radio system.

The very first thing that was pointed out to me was that "Bridgeport has NO MONEY to buy an entire new digital radio system". When I read some of the post, I had thought that was the plan. A whole new digital radio system for the Bridgeport Fire Dept just like my other favorites in New London and Providence had done.

After talking to someone who might understand my reason for such depression, I was advised to seek the help of a professional in the field of the Bridgeport Fire Dept radio system. So that's exactly what I did. Here is what I was told. I can not confirm this but it did somewhat help me from jumping off a bridge.

As I understand it, the City of Bridgeport will be using some 700 or 800 MHz radios designed solely for the operation of a very LARGE MAJOR event only. Those radios to be used by Special Teams only in the operation of these events. Perhaps some of the chiefs cars will have these new radios installed, but NOT every piece of apparatus, and certainly NOT every firefighter will be carrying around a new portable digital radio. They will still be using the same radios, with the same radio frequency for every building fire or incident they respond to.

I said to him, "so that means I will still be able to pick up the Bridgeport FD as I always have been ? He said; "correct Willy D, really no changes coming as I see it". I then told him I couldn't wait to tell everybody on here the good news I had heard.

Actually at this point NOTHING will change. They will continue to operate in the same way they have been using their high band radio system. I was so happy to hear that I decided to go out and get myself a large hot fudge sundae to celebrate. And my scale this morning proved that to me.

I've recently had too much of a loss already with this radio thing. I hope what I just said is absolutely correct and not just some guy trying to make me feel better and try to prevent me from taking a dive off of some bridge.

I would also like to thank my brother (georged4997 - retired Batt Chief Bridgeport FD) as well for his concern. Without him, none of this would have been possible.

MFCJR

If it makes you feel better the towns that went digital in my area come in just as strong as before they changed. Some even louder then before. So it's not always a loss.

MrAntiDigital

It's call progress sir.....

Public Safety Radio systems are not designed for the BUFF.... They are designed to provide the latest in responder safety and technology. Does it always work right? No, (what really does) but it's called progress.

Designed properly, yes, a responder will have more resources at their finger tips.

I won't disagree with you at all Sir. However, I think it is a safe bet that most members on this site "DO" monitor Public Safety Radio Systems. Are they all directly involved in the Public Safety Business ? Probably not. As a BUFF, I know I am not the only one.

How about the individual who just posted before me, "MFCJR" ? As he explains how good the digital radio systems come in for his area.

How about the sale of the latest scanners ? Some of which are advertised on this site or that have separate sections on this site designed to discuss their value. Is that all business related or does much of that involve the use of those scanners for personnel interest ?

Perhaps I'm wrong but it would sure surprise me if different. I have many friends both police officers and firefighters as well. They know I monitor them while they are working. They actually think it's a good thing.

Or how about the neighbor who hears reports of a guy breaking into a house across the street. After hearing that, he looks out the window and sees an unknown vehicle leave that house. The scanner buff gets a full description of the car, including a license plate. A full description of the occupants, as well as which direction they were headed. Shortly, that scanner buff hears on his scanner that the vehicle is stopped and the perps are taken into custody.

Do you think that guy listening on his scanner might have helped catch those criminals ? Maybe their next plan was to break into your house. But fortunately, that didn't happen. Why ? All because some BUFF was listening to his scanner and used it to help catch those guys.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Here you go, in case the crystal scanner you are using isn't picking things up as well as before:
Police Scanners, Radios, Programming, Accessories | Scannermaster.com

FWIW, I am aware of several STATEWIDE 800Mhz systems that are "out in the boonies" using P25 P1 radio systems just fine. 700/800 was not "designed" for just "big cities".

You can keep crying all you want that lowband was king of the day, but its just making you loose more and more credibility here when any thread pops up that mentions anything using higher than VHF and/or analog transmissions.

Feel free to post in the nostalga thread on how cool skip is/was, and what happened, but interjecting that you hate progress in any thread that has P25 et al updates gets really old, really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.