Harvey County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruver911

I was wondering about the new DTMF tones on Harvey County Fire Dispatch. I noticed that the 2 tone paging was not working like it use to. did the tones change?

You can thank Motorola for that. Their consoles don't do the post-QCII warble that the old Zetron's did. And the agencies want/need that warble. So the DTMF sequence is what we came up with. Not happy with it, the technicians don't like it, but it is what it is. Would like to speed it up, but since Halstead's sirens use DTMF at a set speed, and Newton Fire needs 3 seconds to allow for their station bells to go off before voice can start, they have to be sent as slow as they are.

Redneck0410

You can thank Motorola for that. Their consoles don't do the post-QCII warble that the old Zetron's did. And the agencies want/need that warble. So the DTMF sequence is what we came up with. Not happy with it, the technicians don't like it, but it is what it is. Would like to speed it up, but since Halstead's sirens use DTMF at a set speed, and Newton Fire needs 3 seconds to allow for their station bells to go off before voice can start, they have to be sent as slow as they are.

I was wondering what the deal was with that... I'm having a hard time getting HV County from out here in Hutch, at least on the VHF... I get them nice and crystal clear when they're on SC9-MED though.

Status
Not open for further replies.