What/Who is on 155.570?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmurphy7411

I live in Firestone (Northern about 1/2 mile from Ex. 240 I-25, Hwy 119 & WCR 11 Birch St). I am hearing traffic on 155.570 (Scanner is Rad Shk Pro 2067 in search mode).

Does anyone know what/who is on this frequency?

I would think they would have to be rather local to me, either in Boulder or Weld County. Maybe in Longmont. However I cannot find this frequency in the radioreference database or anywhere on the net.

A little help would be appreciated.

TIA

73 de KCØJPO/AFA8JP
John Murphy, B.S. C.J.; B.S. BusMgmt; MBA Marketing
GMRS Licensee WQOW801
PopComm Monitoring Station KPC0JPO
"When all else fails...Amateur Radio"
ARES/RACES/AFMARS Nothwest Area, Region 8
Owner, Oil Country Radio’s
Personal Email: jmurphy7411@gmail.com

RonnieUSA

I live in Firestone (Northern about 1/2 mile from Ex. 240 I-25, Hwy 119 & WCR 11 Birch St). I am hearing traffic on 155.570 (Scanner is Rad Shk Pro 2067 in search mode).

I would think they would have to be rather local to me, either in Boulder or Weld County. Maybe in Longmont. However I cannot find this frequency in the radioreference database or anywhere on the net.

TIA

73 de KCØJPO/AFA8JP
GMRS Licensee WQOW801

Here is what I found.
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Me...ortstring=,+lic_name,+file_num&limit_select=4

Broad Comm Inc

Voyager

The correct frequency is likely 155.5725 MHz. I bet you find a lot more users on that frequency. :D

jmurphy7411

RonnieI got nothing with that link. Not sure why...but it is long loading then comes back with can not load this page. Maybe you can shorten the length of the link? I do appreciate your help though.

RonnieUSA

RonnieI got nothing with that link. Not sure why...but it is long loading then comes back with can not load this page. Maybe you can shorten the length of the link? I do appreciate your help though.

It worked for me, but here are links to what You would have seen.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/reports/ELSSearchResult.cfm?callsign=WI9XGP

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/reports/ELSSearchResult.cfm?callsign=WH9XUN

I did the original search using this link.

Site / Market / Frequency Query

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)

While it is the right frequency, I highly doubt that this is the user that's being heard. It was temporarily licensed for the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships, which took place February 2 - February 15 in Vail/Beaver Creek, which is more than 90 miles (140 km) away from Firestone. It shows licensed for 2W MO operations for 10 km around Beaver Creek. This isn't accounting for the large mountains between Beaver Creek and Firestone.

The correct frequency is likely 155.5725 MHz. I bet you find a lot more users on that frequency. :D

I believe this is the correct answer. Rampart Search and Rescue operates on 155.5725 MHz with a repeater on top of Squaw Mountain. I don't personally scan them myself, so I don't know the details. According to the database, they use a 662 DPL.

Last edited:

jmurphy7411

However, if you look at this:

Requested Period of Operation
Operation Start Date: 01/27/2015
Operation End Date: 02/16/2015
It appears the STA has expired. So remains my question, who is using this freq. now?

John

Voyager

John,

Are you reading the posts? (particularly numbers 3 and 6)

Is Rampart Search and Rescue (Squaw Mountain) close to you?

jmurphy7411

Yes I am reading the posts. I 'think' Rampart SAR is close to me, and with the elevations that are around me, I suppose that i could hear them. So this may be a possibility I appreciate all the responses and trys to help me. I will keep a further eye on this frequency for more of the probable traffic and see what I get.

John.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I regularly hear Rampart SAR on 155.57, 662 DPL (probably once a week on average), it's definitely their squaw repeater. They seem to use 155.57 as their primary "operations" channel. They seem to use it for ANY activities relating in any way whatsoever to Rampart SAR operations. This includes member coordination, scheduling, accounting, coordination/event ops for setting up booths at fairs and the like, etc etc. They also use it for something akin to "storm chasing".

Also, I would add that the RR db info. for Rampart SAR seems to be quite accurate and up-to-date, I wouldn't be surprised if it mirrors the layout of official radios...

Last edited:

cabletech

TIA

73 de KCØJPO/AFA8JP
GMRS Licensee WQOW801

Go to the FCC ULS search system, enter frequency, enter state, click search, will bring up every licensed system in the state.

Then just click on the call sign until you see the system you want.

License Search - Advanced License Search

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I 'think' Rampart SAR is close to me, and with the elevations that are around me, I suppose that i could hear them. So this may be a possibility I appreciate all the responses and trys to help me. I will keep a further eye on this frequency for more of the probable traffic and see what I get.

Rampart Search and Rescue serves Adams, Lincoln and Morgan counties. Squaw has a very large footprint (for 800 MHz DTRS) as can be seen by the map below, so I would imagine the VHF repeater to have roughly the same pattern.

Squaw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.