FMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I now have FMP and DSDPlus 1.074 running on my laptop, let me say it works perfectly. This same laptop could not run DSD any version and SDR Sharp any version together with any degree of success, but now it is just like having a scanner on my laptop.:)

Thanks DSDPlus for this excellent program.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Moonbounce
Can you give me step by step how you set up your FMP. Everytime I open FMP.exe, the program starts and the window appears for 3 seconds and then disappears,

vince48

BM82557

I've found it easier just to setup windows shortcuts on the desktop with the start parms included -

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I now have FMP and DSDPlus 1.074 running on my laptop, let me say it works perfectly. This same laptop could not run DSD any version and SDR Sharp any version together with any degree of success, but now it is just like having a scanner on my laptop.:)

My Antivirus program "Avira" gave a false positive to both FMP-Map.exe and LRRP.exe of DSDPlus 1.074. I just got the email today from Avira informing me of this. Avira will block you from using them so now I can access these files, once I update my Aviria with this new info.

Avira also gave false positives to the latest version of DSDtune and HP Waveplayer.exe, however the turn-around time is quick on testing suspected false positives with Avira - usually one or two days.

In case anyone else is having similar findings I thought if might help if you knew that at least one antivirus program is saying the files are OK.

moonbounce

Spoke too soon. Always the same problem on the laptop when running DSDplus any version, piping signal from RTL dongle to DSD from either SDR Sharp or in this case FMP my laptop just doesn't want to do it. With DSDPlus 1.074 and FMP running, I am getting a lot of error codes and very bad audio, same when running SDR Sharp. Same setup on my desktop works with no problem.

Thought I might mention it here as I know that DSDPlus 1.074 and FMP were created for computer with low CPU power. I don't consider my laptop as being low powered, it has 4GB ram and the Intel Centrino 2.2 Ghz cpu and 4gb L2 cashe.

RonnieUSA

Spoke too soon. Always the same problem on the laptop when running DSDplus any version, piping signal from RTL dongle to DSD from either SDR Sharp or in this case FMP my laptop just doesn't want to do it. With DSDPlus 1.074 and FMP running, I am getting a lot of error codes and very bad audio, same when running SDR Sharp. Same setup on my desktop works with no problem.

Thought I might mention it here as I know that DSDPlus 1.074 and FMP were created for computer with low CPU power. I don't consider my laptop as being low powered, it has 4GB ram and the Intel Centrino 2.2 Ghz cpu and 4gb L2 cashe.

Your CPU may not have enough horse power.

The Centrino CPU is low end for Intel.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Vince, are you up and running?

thanks moonbounce, not yet, I try when I get off work later today. I understand now that I need to open FMP through window command line. That will not be a problem. It's the config is what I'm not sure about.

Will let you know later today. Another question. what about the map programs, do they too need to be open t the same time as FMP? Open through the command line?

vince48

reconrider8

the commands should be like this

1 "output audio" mine is 2 if im piping to dsd. 1 is your dongle which will be 1 if you only have 1 dongle plugged in. 3 is your ppm offset mine stays around 50 but that different for each pc. of cource 4 would be your frequency.
ex 2 1 50 xxx.xxxx

slicerwizard

I don't consider my laptop as being low powered, it has 4GB ram and the Intel Centrino 2.2 Ghz cpu and 4gb L2 cashe.
Your PC has a 4 GB L2 cache? I highly doubt that. Probably more like 2 MB.

Anyway, you should be asking Windows Task Manager how much load FMP and DSD+ are putting on your CPU.

moonbounce

Your PC has a 4 GB L2 cache? I highly doubt that. Probably more like 2 MB.

Anyway, you should be asking Windows Task Manager how much load FMP and DSD+ are putting on your CPU.

Sorry, it should have been 4 Mb L2 cache and I did verify 4 Mhz. Anyway the problem I was having was not the computer at all. If you read my post on Lame and VB Cable posted tonight that should explain everything.

The computer is now running better than it ever has, :)

KA2ZEY

Moonbounce
Can you give me step by step how you set up your FMP. Everytime I open FMP.exe, the program starts and the window appears for 3 seconds and then disappears,

vince48

I'm still not getting how to start FMP from the command line. I still get the 'no command line parameters...' error. I downloaded that .cfg file from the other thread.
'

KA2ZEY

Ok I've figured out that you have to enter 4 parameters following 'fmp'.

So my wave out will be headphones (4), not sure what number my RTL device is, PPM is -66 and Freq is obvious.

Wouldn't the first number be 2 for Line 1 VAC? How is this routed to DSD Plus?

Sorry, trying to wrap my head around this.

moonbounce

I'm still not getting how to start FMP from the command line. I still get the 'no command line parameters...' error. I downloaded that .cfg file from the other thread.
'

You are trying to start it form the wrong place you need to make a short cut. Go to the FMP icon and left click on it, in the middle or 4 lines above the properties box you should see a line that says " create a shortcut" click on that and make the shortcut. Then we will go from there.

KA2ZEY

You are trying to start it form the wrong place you need to make a short cut. Go to the FMP icon and left click on it, in the middle or 4 lines above the properties box you should see a line that says " create a shortcut" click on that and make the shortcut. Then we will go from there.

Done.

KA2ZEY

Ok I might be ahead of ya here and also, I screwed up and found something stuck in my USB port which caused my RTL do power up but not connect properly so of course, FMP couldn't find it. Got that out of the way. Now I am able to get FMP up and running. Now I just need to figure out scanning.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, it says no scanlist found but I'm sure there's an answer in this forum somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.