1025 with an "F" on the display

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

Guys,

I have a friend that has one of these and it shows an "F" on the display. The manual display icon call out page doesn't list it.
He had a 1010 and cloned it from the 1025 and the "F" followed. Not sure what he did, what it means or how to remove it.

Thoughts?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
F in display

Could it be F for function?

I have a friend that has one of these and it shows an "F" on the display. The manual display icon call out page doesn't list it.
He had a 1010 and cloned it from the 1025 and the "F" followed. Not sure what he did, what it means or how to remove it.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

safetyobc

The F on the screen should indicate that the Function button is active. Simply press the Func button and it should go away.

W4ILJ

Premium Subscriber
This is a 1025 - there is no FUNC button unless I'm missing something. :)

The F indicates the scanner is in FIPS (SAME) mode, press the top right button, cloud with a bolt to turn it off.

Page 20 of the 1025 owners manual.

TAbirdman

The F indicates the scanner is in FIPS (SAME) mode, press the top right button, cloud with a bolt to turn it off.

Page 20 of the 1025 owners manual.

Ok, Long press of the Weather button switches it to Skywarn and short press simply restarts NOAA.
My page 20 is about locking out frequencies.

blangell

How was the radio cloned in the first place? From the 1025 Manual....The WS1025 does not clone with
other scanner models and from the 1010 Manual....The WS1010 does not clone with other
scanner models

W4ILJ

Premium Subscriber
Ok, Long press of the Weather button switches it to Skywarn and short press simply restarts NOAA.
My page 20 is about locking out frequencies.

SAME Standby Mode
In SAME Standby mode, your scanner monitors weather channels for SAME alerts for up to seven areas you specify by entering the FIPS codes.
To program your scanner for SAME Standby mode: 1. Press .
2. Press PGM to access the FIPS code entry mode. 3. Use  or  to select the desired FIPS code
storage location.
4. Use the number keys to enter the FIPS code, then
press ENT to store the code.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for all the FIPS codes that you
wish to store.
6. Press to exit FIPS code entry mode. The
scanner displays F showing that FIPS codes are
enabled.
7. Press PRI/ALERT to initiate SAME Standby mode.
The scanner displays F [1-7]CH StAndby.
The scanner will monitor weather channels for alerts with matching FIPS codes. To exit SAME Standby mode, press PRI/ALERT again.
• Press L/O during step 4 to lock-out FIPS entries; L/0 appears in the display. Press L/O again to
enable FIPS entries; L/0 disappears.
• If you do not enter any FIPS codes, or if your FIPS
codes are locked out, when you enter SAME Standby mode the scanner receives alerts and warning messages for all receivable areas.
• The scanner sounds an alert when it receives the SAME code. To stop the alert and ready the scanner to receive a new alert signal, press any key.
• If you do not stop the alert within five minutes, the alert stops and the scanner beeps every ten seconds. If the scanner receives a new weather alert after five minutes, it sounds the new alert.

N8IAA

Guys,

Thoughts?

One of the problems in cloning these two radios, which can be done, but not together, is that they are not the same.
The 1010 does not have the FM broadcast frequencies that the 1025 has. Two completely different radios.
Have you tried to do a hard reset of the 1010? This may return the radio to the original default settings. Then reprogram the radio, by hand, with the frequencies in the 1025.
Larry

TAbirdman

One of the problems in cloning these two radios, which can be done, but not together, is that they are not the same.
The 1010 does not have the FM broadcast frequencies that the 1025 has. Two completely different radios.
Have you tried to do a hard reset of the 1010? This may return the radio to the original default settings. Then reprogram the radio, by hand, with the frequencies in the 1025.
Larry

Steps that W4ilj mentioned did the trick. Now I know what the "F" is for!

Thanks for the replies guys. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.