what does everyone listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squad1b

just wondering what everyone listens to and what scanner they use?

i listen to metro fire departments and ems using a Pro 106

scott

R

retiredmich

Every thing ! PD , FD, EMS ,Weather, KHP, CO FD, Co So , all in Kansas

10-7Goodnight

I live in Duluth, MN and listen to Duluth Simulcast (which can be frustrating) and occasionally Douglas County (WIS) on WISCOM. Home Patrol 1

semiwrecker1

Mainly Carver county as I live there but sometimes Ill hold the trunk button down on my Bc796d and do a id search and open it up beside what I have in for carver county

stmills

I listen to the Hennepin East as my primary system - like everyone else since it's my home area system. My highest priority talk groups are Hennepin Tac 3, Fire 3,
Next are Hennepin East main, Fire main, and East Cities.
Hennepin North and South Mains, State Patrol West and East,
Then Hennepin Independent PSAPS.
I have all buses and Public works locked out. All other public safety is set at low priority so it gets skipped over for my local stuff.
I am using a Winbook tablet running DSD+ and Unitrunker connected to 2 USB SDR sticks.

sfd119

I live in Duluth, MN and listen to Duluth Simulcast (which can be frustrating) and occasionally Douglas County (WIS) on WISCOM. Home Patrol 1

You ever try a VHF antenna to monitor Duluth Simulcast? Every time I'm up there with my vehicle, I pick things up fine while roaming around Duluth. I only have VHF antennas on the top of my truck.

10-7Goodnight

I'm using a 1/4 wave 800mhz mini mag mount antenna. It's better then the stock antenna, but still very touchy. Any suggestions on the best VHF antenna for HP1?

sfd119

I'm using a 1/4 wave 800mhz mini mag mount antenna. It's better then the stock antenna, but still very touchy. Any suggestions on the best VHF antenna for HP1?

I use the EMFLX-M10001 tuned down to VHF around 155. I have three of these on my roof of my Truck, one for an XTL and the other two for scanners. I mostly monitor VHF stuff but when I'm in Duluth, I've never had a garbled transmission or anything on the 996XT and the new BCD536 (which I know is better on simulcast). I don't monitor intensely though, as most of the time I'm just driving through so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Worth a shot maybe, WISCOM has them for $34 a piece EMFLX-M10001 - Poly Spring VHF/UHF BB Quarter-Wave Roof Mount 108-520 MHz Antenna - ShopWiscomm

mnrick

I have a Pro-652 with the stock antenna.

I have everything broke down into different scan banks and I usually only have my Bloomington, Hennepin County and Interop scan banks turned on.

I have all the Hennepin County channels in one bank and then the municipal channels (mostly FD and PD car to car) in another scan bank.

I am 6 months into this hobby and am dealing with some reception issues but I am learning it.

JASII

Memory Capacity
What Does Everyone Listen To?

I like to listen to what ever sub-system covers the area that I am in. For example, if I am in Saint Paul, I will monitor in the TRUNK SEARCH mode and lock out Washington County, Dakota County, and non-Ramsey County units. Things like Metro Transit get locked out right away, too. It is sometimes interesting to hear transient units passing through an area. I have heard various county units passing through the Twin Cities calling back to their Communication Centers in greater (out-state) Minnesota.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I honestly do not do much listening anymore and have really begun to enjoy the detective work associated with UniTrunker, which I have fed by a 396xt, hp1, and pro106 (which i honestly abhor). I keep a 396t around if i want to do some targeted listening, but architecture is much more interesting.

When I do listen, I generally lock out PW and Transit as well as Mn/DOT. Nothing makes me more frustrated than having to listen to Metro Mobility...

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Dave,

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but there are $20 SDR dongles that you can get that work with Unitrunker. If you wanted to get more data streams running its a cheap way to do it. I've got two running most of the time lately and it only cost me around $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.