SDR# troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1VLA

Attempting to run a R820T dongle with SDR#, and I have followed the instructions here: Quick Start Guide - rtl-sdr.com
When I get to the home stretch in SDR#, selecting the source as RTL / SDR-USB and hitting the play button, I get a "No Compatible devices found" error message. I've tried both USB ports on my computer, tried running zadig in Safe Mode, neither with any luck. Thoughts?

moonbounce

Which version of SDR are you using? I downloaded 1337 and in the source tab there is nothing for RTL-SDR/USB. I just downloaded version 1337 on Tuesday.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I had this same error the other day installing this at work. When you run zadig make sure you go to the options tab then make sure the "list all devices" tab is checked. Then you should see under the dropdown list "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" selection. Select that. Then make sure "WinUSB" is selected in the box where it says driver. Then click the install and you should be good.

KB1VLA

I had this same error the other day installing this at work. When you run zadig make sure you go to the options tab then make sure the "list all devices" tab is checked. Then you should see under the dropdown list "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" selection. Select that. Then make sure "WinUSB" is selected in the box where it says driver. Then click the install and you should be good.

That's exactly how I ran it (as an administrator), no luck.

KB1VLA

RTL-SDR.com says USB 3.0 ports won't support the dongle, I'm only semi-computer literate, could this be my problem? I'm using a Dell XPS L502x with Windows 7 Professional.

l8r0n

Premium Subscriber
RTL-SDR.com says USB 3.0 ports won't support the dongle, I'm only semi-computer literate, could this be my problem? I'm using a Dell XPS L502x with Windows 7 Professional.

My desktop I has both USB 2 & 3. My dongle works just fine using USB 2, but doesn't work when I plug it into the USB 3 port.

I went to Device Manager and in both cases (either USB 2 or 3) with the dongle plugged in under the section USB Devices, Bulk-In Interface showed up, but the dongle wasn't found when I tried using SDR# using USB 3.

So it looks as though the dongles don't work when using USB-3
However my SDRplay works just fine using either USB 2 or USB 3

Stan

l8r0n

Premium Subscriber
Okay, HDSDR doesn't work on USB 3, but SDR Console does, both using a dongle. Little brain dead today FMP???
Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.