DSDPlus What scanner does this work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No scanner out of the box, AFAIK. You need a scanner with a discriminator tap or a SDR. I would imagine that even the R820T dongles would work... Mike

Voyager

No scanner out of the box, AFAIK. You need a scanner with a discriminator tap or a SDR. I would imagine that even the R820T dongles would work... Mike

Actually, the PSR-800 and Whistler clone have a discriminator tap out of the box. The Radio Shack models do not (at least not the 108).

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Is it a true discriminator tap? The wiki lists a data output and an IF discriminator tap, which is nowhere near the same thing...Mike

mancow

Database Admin
Yes, it's a slicer type tap. I've used it with DSD. (PSR800)

If you route it to the headphones and don't realize it you are in for a ride. It will blow your ears out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Interesting - learn something new every day...if it works with DSD, then it's likely to work with DSD plus...Mike

mancow

Database Admin
I should have been clearer. It's not a slicer but it is a flat audio discriminator tap.

RayAir

DSDPlus What scanner does this work with?

I have a Pro 668 with a built in tap. Just change the output in the scanner settings to IF and plug an 1/8" to 1/8" line in cable to your scanner and line in jack on your computer.

Go to DSDplus.com (much easier) and download and save DSD. I think the latest is v1.074.

Open it up, then you just need to make a few sound setting adjustments on your computer and tune to a digital signal. Control channels are good for starters. Once your settings are right, just sit back and watch the data start flying!

I really need to put this on a laptop.

coolderb

Interesting - learn something new every day...if it works with DSD, then it's likely to work with DSD plus...Mike

The built-in tap on the PSR-800 is great. It works way better with DSD than any of the discriminator tap mods I have tried (Pro-92, Uniden BCD-895XLT and PCR-1000 packet output).

coolderb

I tapped a Uniden BC898T which I use almost exclusively for DSDPlus. It works superbly.

Cool. I still have my 895XLT. It still works well. I picked it up at a yard sale for $5 over 10 years ago. It works well with DSD, but for doesn't have the ability to follow Provoice. That is where the PSR-800 excels:)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
My only beef about using the 800 is the lack of a direct frequency input option. So wish they would have added that via a firmware update :(

Status
Not open for further replies.