Siren App IOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Something interesting I stumbled across that I thought I'd pass along:

I use an old iPhone 4 as a remote head for my vehicle scanner in Access Point. At home I use my iPhone 5 in Infrastructure Mode. Even with the newest release of the Siren App, I had been experiencing a problem with the App re-starting satisfactorily whenever the connection to the wifi/dongle was broken.

Up until a couple of days ago I had been dragging my feet on updating the iPhone 5's IOS to the latest version. Once I did, I'm seeing my iPhone 5 do much better at reconnecting the App and wifi/dongle.

Thus it appears the IOS in the iPhone can make a difference.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Something interesting I stumbled across that I thought I'd pass along:

I use an old iPhone 4 as a remote head for my vehicle scanner in Access Point. At home I use my iPhone 5 in Infrastructure Mode. Even with the newest release of the Siren App, I had been experiencing a problem with the App re-starting satisfactorily whenever the connection to the wifi/dongle was broken.

Up until a couple of days ago I had been dragging my feet on updating the iPhone 5's IOS to the latest version. Once I did, I'm seeing my iPhone 5 do much better at reconnecting the App and wifi/dongle.

Thus it appears the IOS in the iPhone can make a difference.

In the Apple store under the app it says it needs ISO 7 or higher.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The app would work with IOS 7, but seems to work better with IOS 8.

I'm wondering if the app developer may be using IOS 8 and some of the (perhaps) perceived flaws associated with IOS 7 may not have been observed. (This is a "shot in the dark" guess).

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
The app would work with IOS 7, but seems to work better with IOS 8.

I'm wondering if the app developer may be using IOS 8 and some of the (perhaps) perceived flaws associated with IOS 7 may not have been observed. (This is a "shot in the dark" guess).

I am looking into getting a touch but as I said I am not familiar with Apple products. Can a Gen 4 be updated to iso 7 or 8? how about a 5? Can I listen to the scanner in AP mode and my music at the same time?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't use the Touch, so I can't help there. However with the iPhone, I am unable to listen to the scanner and music at the same time. If I have the Siren App running and go to iTunes, the scanner audio stops. Someone may have posted that only one audio "thing" can be active.

A little more follow-up feedback. In Access Point, my iPhone 5 with IOS 8 will automatically reconnect and re-start. With my iPhone 4 and whichever IOS it has, I have to manually reconnect and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.