NetSDR Downconverter - How Well Does It Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hello,

As the title of the thread indicates...is anyone here using a NetSDR with the VHF/UHF downconverter installed, and if so can you comment on its performance within (up to 550 MHz) and outside of (reports in excess of 1200 MHz) its specification range? As I understand it the downcoverter is either being offered as a free upgrade or simply now comes standard with the NetSDR.

I am still in search of that top quality wideband SDR. I love my Airspy and my Elad FDM-S2 but I have always been partial to RFSpace equipment and I'm interested in comparing the NetSDR and the forthcoming CloudSDR which will apparently be at least a few hundred bucks less expensive.

It's my understanding that the downconverter in the NetSDR may be based on an R820T tuner, and that the CloudSDR is as well.

I've remoted into the available VHF/UHF CloudSDR offered via the RemoteSDRClient software and it seems to work well; of course not being familiar with comms in the area it's located (vicinity of Atlanta) it's hard to tell how well it really operates. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of data out there on the NetSDR other than in the Yahoogroup dedicated to it. I see mentions of it here but with regards to HF purposes. I would use it at HF but primarily for VHF and above.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.