BNN "Webview"

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

That's for the dispatchers, subscribers get access to a smartphone app to view incidents. And subscriptions are not free unless you are a dispatcher. You can contact them for more info

Breaking News Network

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, well...

It says on their web site that "members" have access to this. It doesn't say "dispatchers."

Sounds like a come-on........

Webview desktop visual news client

BNN uses a technologically advanced system called “Webview” to gather news and display incidents in real-time. Our members can use the system to monitor the latest alerts on our incident map, search incidents that have occurred in the past, or to send a new incident notification to the network.

phillydjdan

I'm not sure what you are expecting. I for one can take one look at that photo and not expect it to be free. But contact them about it, since they would know better than any of us.

FireBuff44

my brother is a subscriber and he said he used to have the iphone app and the webview access for several years as part of his regular fee. A few moths back, he could no longer log in to the webview to view all the jobs like he used to. When he asked BNN "staff" what happened, they told him that he shouldn't get that access and if he wanted to get webview back it would be $99 per month!! Obviously he said no thanks. Too bad to see this change, he didn't mind paying a little extra but that is a little extreme in my opinion.

Just sign up to BNN and become a reporter. That's what I do. I have access to the webview and I can dispatch incidents as I please.

As long as you listen to your radio daily and have some free time to report, you can become a reporter for BNN. I'm njn5w

Also, being a reporter is free.

emcomm

Webview price is $199 a month

As of today, July 2017, I was quoted $199 a month for BNN Webview - and I am already a paying member.

I was also very disappointed I was not allowed to see it or sample it, even for a few minutes. Pretty harsh for what would be a $2400 investment, pay before you see what it is ?

phillydjdan

Wow! I'm glad I left when I did. They have been on the down slope for a few years now. They lost most of their Philly dispatchers to Alertpage if that tells you anything.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
As of today, July 2017, I was quoted $199 a month for BNN Webview - and I am already a paying member.

I was also very disappointed I was not allowed to see it or sample it, even for a few minutes. Pretty harsh for what would be a $2400 investment, pay before you see what it is ?

The rate depends on what you're using it for. If they told you $199, then you must have indicated that you had some intention of other than personal use. They'd only charge that if there was indication of commercial or agency use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.