RCS 2nd Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Any new updates for this as in Phase 1 or 2 or the rebranding time line,Thanks in advance

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Jeff,

No updates on the NextGen procurement (until the process has run its course and the contract is signed, we won't know).

We have started reprogramming the more than 24,000 user radios on the system. This will take months to do. Other than some conventional single-site repeaters like the Courts, don't expect any infrastructure changes until sometime next year.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks again sir, At least I'm safe for now, I was going to start thinking about replacing the 2 Pro-651 that I have for the BCD325p2 & BCD996p2

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully this "forced" process gave the RCS a chance to super fine tune the equipment for maximum performance. I really wish all the repeaters had the same TX range at a distance, some are really weak.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Since it will take a while to program all of the radios; we will not see new control channels coming on line anytime soon?

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
This really is bad news. I have such a clean setup with the current RCS & Trunk88. I hate to start over if I can even receive it with my BCD996XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.