Two Tone Detect - Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycc

Just downloaded TwoToneDetect today. Toneseditor has been set up and saved.

When trying to open the TwoToneDetect program, I get the following error:

Audio Device Error
"No audio output devices found. If using on board sound card, try plugging an audio cable into the input and output." I press ok and the next following message appears:

TwoToneDetect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system. You may need to plug a speaker and/or line input into your PC in order for the system to activate the audio device. TwoToneDetect will now exit." I press ok and it exits.

The wierd thing is I am running Proscan and the scanner is plugged into the line in on the back of computer and it runs just fine. What should I do?

Jeff

AFDFireMedic

Feed Provider
You might have better luck asking your question in the TwoToneDetect specific thread in the forum.

http://forums.radioreference.com/st...etect-works-python-based-157.html#post2625153

Sorry, I found this thread via the search and didn't notice it wasn't in that section.

I was able to solve the issue, and I'll post what I did here in case others stumble across this as well:

I just plugged an old set of headphones I didn't need anymore into the audio out port on the back of the PC. Since this box is only for broadcasting and paging, and doesn't do anything else this was a good option for me. In fact, once TwoToneDetect is up and running, you can unplug the headphones/speakers and it will continue to function properly. Seems it just looks for a signal on startup.

chieftech77

Multi-Tone Setup

Greetings! I am setting up the system for our department. I have a question about how one scenario works:

Our department uses 2 different sets of tones:

2-tones for Fire
2-tones for EMS

We basically have different people that respond to one or the other, or sometimes both.

I understand the basic setup of having the Fire Tones go to the fire people and ems tones to the ems people.

During certain situations such as MVC's, working fires, and cardiac arrests, both fire and EMS tones are set off consecutively, (much like a mutual aid / multiple department dispatch).

So for example it would be Fire Tone, EMS Tone, Dispatch Info

Does the system automatically detect both sets of tones and forward the message to the appropriate people, or will it stop detecting after the first tone set? Or is there a certain way to configure the system to work in this way?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.