Hays County

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I know Hays County and San Marcos went to the LCRA Open Sky system but any search and rescue communications in the area? ( VTAC or National Guard) I haven't seen anything patched to the LCRA P25 system for interop in the area. Was wondering if any GATRRS talk groups were being used in the area also.

FireJustin

With all that is happening in Texas, keep your ears out on the Interop Plan frequencies: all of the V-Tac, V-Med, V-Fire, and V-Law... I'm not near you at the moment and can't say for sure, but they're in use all over the place right now.

sillyfreak

I am also in Hays County, and my Uniden BC296D scanner quit picking up the LCRA trunked system several weeks ago. "SCAN" scrolls across the screen as before, but no talk groups ever come on, Can someone describe the "LCRA Open Sky" system and how do I get it to work on my scanner?

sillyfreak

Thanks blantonl. Does it make sense that my EDACS trunking freqneicies and talkgroups that have been working for years on my BC296D scanner would have stopped working several weeks ago? I have been connecting to the Creedmoor tower and monitoring Hays County police/fire/EMS.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It does make sense - if they are no longer using the legacy EDACS system and they have transitioned to OpenSky then they probably took the existing EDACS system site out of service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
On the LCRA P25 system you will get the occasional Hays or San Marcos talk group patched from the Open Sky system. But they are not patched full time and it is very random when they pop up.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
On the LCRA P25 system you will get the occasional Hays or San Marcos talk group patched from the Open Sky system. But they are not patched full time and it is very random when they pop up.

Have you heard the stuttering/Max Headroom sound on any of the patches? Just wondering if they have resolved it or not. I know I heard it a lot when Las Vegas was still OpenSky and patched to VHF.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Now I'm really trying to remember what wimberley Fire switched to. I think they were running 800 or 900 when I was in high school but my understanding was they switched the other year. I've been out of the hays county loop for too long though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
What I have heard from a radio tech is that the primary channels for Hays and San Marcos only show up on the P25 system is if someone with an affiliated radio on the P25 system is on one of the patch talk groups. Since the open sky system can be patched to the P25 system. Same as when you see Seguin PD primary(which is P25 VHF) show up from time to time on the LCRA P25 system. But he also said dispatchers from the consoles can now patch multiple talk groups together when needed as seen with mutual aid for PD and FD uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.