Pro-2096 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsfun69

I was given a pro-2096 looks brand new.I updated firmware using the Butel 2096 software.When I clear scanner of all channels and load the apco25 from washington county maryland.(witch comes from radioreference data)I dont pick up anything.no fire calls nothing .Is it possible the data from rad.ref is not correct? I cant figure it out.I also have a homepatrol 1 and it picks up every apco channel any suggestions?

baybum

That link goes to a page that doesn't say anything.
Don't take us to a general link...take us to the actual document or statement.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think you mean Phase 2 bay, and indeed the 2096 can't deal with it. Here's the RS scanners page that was missed...

Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

However, Washington County is phase 1.

Washington County Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

Notice that there are trunking table entries that ARC96 might not be installing (See MISC SYSTEM INFORMATION). You might want to check on that. If ARC96 is failing, I would go to Win96 which has a free trial, so you won't lose anything

PRO-96 Software - Win96 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners

or post a query in our Scanner software programming forum...

Scanner Programming Software - The RadioReference.com Forums

Mike

GeneseeCoMI

I was given a pro-2096 looks brand new.I updated firmware using the Butel 2096 software.When I clear scanner of all channels and load the apco25 from washington county maryland.(witch comes from radioreference data)I dont pick up anything.no fire calls nothing .Is it possible the data from rad.ref is not correct? I cant figure it out.I also have a homepatrol 1 and it picks up every apco channel any suggestions?

Since the system is UHF, you need to use Win96 or ARC96 to load the Base Freq, Offset, and Step info as follows:

Ch Lo 8192
Ch Hi 12287
Base Freq 452.0
Offset 8192
Step 6.25

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And neither package can probably pick up that offset information in the web import, because it's in the Misc System Information area. You will have to put that in manually into ARC96, I suspect - and how to do that I have no idea.

A question for the aforementioned software scanner programming forum, I think - and probably should be entered on the ARC96 wiki page, too, when the proper procedure is determined...Mike

baybum

Mike, I meant phase 1...but thanks to you, have a better understanding now.
I've never been able to get phase 1 stuff with my 96.

Also, is P25 "standard" the same as phase 1?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.