Complete UHF Mil Air 225-380/399.975 MHz Bandplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
I recall some years ago a book was published by Steve Douglass that covered many aspects of military aviation & he actually had a complete breakdown of the 225-380/399.975 MHz frequency allocations, I can't recall the actual title of the book, anybody here remember this book? Any idea where I can purchase one if it's still in print? If anybody here has one that is willing to copy just the bandplan & send it to me I will gladly pay, thanks in advance.

magic_lantern

the best ones were from Hunterdon-Aero publishing located in Flemington NJ. most everything in them is obsolete now and I don't think there available. they were called DIRECTORY OF NORTH AMERICAN MILITARY AVIATION COMMUNICATIONS VHF/UHF My Northeastern edition is dated 1990/91

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
150. used copy- this one also

Starts at $150 for a used copy! I still have my copy kicking around. It was good at the time...but like you say...it's a bit dated.

another "dated" book also quite costly - pubilshed 1986- would SEEM obsolete by now...."Clandestine Radio Broadcasting: A Study of Revolutionary and Counterrevolutionary Electronic Communication" by John Nichols and Lawrence C Soley

http://www.amazon.com/Clandestine-R...=1432783014&sr=1-1&keywords=clandestine+radio

I read one I found in the library, then consulted online booksellers to look for a nice used copy and was surprised at the prices they sell for- and good luck finding one, even at 150.

I've noticed in the past 7-10 years "useful" I place in quotes deliberately- are either priced out of range of any regular person, or simply unavailable FOR purchase regardless of price - anyone else notice that too?

If anyone HAS the Clandestine Radio Broadcasting book for a reasonable price, as long as it has all its pages! I may be interested//

PS I would even pay for photocopied or PDF of said book - reasonably priced for the effort.

Sorry i did not mean to hijack the post ! Please Carry On

BMT

Guys save your money! April 2004 JCS released the new band plan 225- 400.
Completely changed everything 225- 400.
Everyone thinks that 380- 400 is just LMR.
Between 380- 400 there are ATC, Command & Control, plus a big block of Wideband freqs.

BMT

FlyteRadio

Duplicate Account
Banned
Found It

It appears your account is not setup for PM. Please PM me by right-clicking on my username.

I am still too new here to be granted full privileges yet like sending & receiving PM's, what I wanted is to ask you how much you would charge me to copy just the 225-399.975 MHz allocations in his book, if I recall correctly it was something like 25 pages give or take a half dozen or so however I just saw in another thread that BMT put those pages in a file & I have downloaded it, much better then the original because he deleted all the junk like ATC, wideband & satcom stuff, anyway it was a thought, take care all & many thanks for your replies & well taken advice.

BTW: I'm still reeling over that $150.00 price tag for his book, I mean, like really.

Hooligan

BTW: I'm still reeling over that $150.00 price tag for his book, I mean, like really.

It's an AUTOMATED system that computes a 'value' of a book by the frequency that the system finds one on the new or used market.

It has nothing to do with the actual value of the book or what you can actually buy one for if you know where to look.

In this case, the book didn't have a big printing run, was printed by a small publisher, the target audience of the book was small, and it's the type that many people just throw-away eventually instead of trying to sell it on line.

A friend of mine had a similar publication & when I did an Amazon search on it, the $25 book was listed by the automated system as going for $300 something. I contacted my friend & he explained the way it worked to me. He still had dozens of copies of that book in his garage, but the Amazon system thought it was 'rare' & came up with the big price simply because the book was on a 3rd revision.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Since frequency assignments can be pretty dynamic, I've always had pretty good luck with Sectional and WAC charts. The charts have, in one place, all the frequencies of every tower, approach control, ground control, CTAF, RCO, and whatever else you can think of, for every facility or piece of controlled airspace depicted on that particular chart. This includes UHF military/government frequencies.

From there, you can listen to whatever is nearby, and deduce the frequencies the aircraft get switched to when they travel to another sector. Back when I was pretty active listening to this stuff, I managed to compile a pretty complete list of all the local military facilities (there are a LOT), air-to-air frequencies, flight test frequencies at Edwards and possibly A51, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.