CS 750 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesheets

I have a pre-made code plug for the NC PRN network and there is a "Monitor All" channel included in it.
I checked the contacts in the "Monitor Only" channel and all of the ones that should be there are there but when I am monitoring this channel, I will see the receive green light come on but cannot hear the traffic until I switch to the active channel; say Local or PRN.
Shouldn't I hear the traffic from the "Monitor All" channel?
I have included a screenshot of the programming screen.
Any help would be appreciated!
Joe

Attachments

• Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,309

RayAir

I have a pre-made code plug for the NC PRN network and there is a "Monitor All" channel included in it.
I checked the contacts in the "Monitor Only" channel and all of the ones that should be there are there but when I am monitoring this channel, I will see the receive green light come on but cannot hear the traffic until I switch to the active channel; say Local or PRN.
Shouldn't I hear the traffic from the "Monitor All" channel?
I have included a screenshot of the programming screen.
Any help would be appreciated!
Joe

Did you create a separate digital RX group list for each channel?

You'll need to and make sure you have all the TGs in the group list you assign to the "monitor all" channel.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Is the active channel on a different timeslot than the 'monitor all' channel is programmed?

You will have to create a monitor all channel for both TS1 and TS2 with the same frequency and create a scan list (If the CS radio will allow a scan list) to scan those two channels when you want to monitor all.

XTS3000

This whole ham DMR network is relatively new, and changing from time to time. I know my local DMR network recently added a few new TG's and PTT TG's while deleting some as well.

Things are evolving very fast in ham DMR, and with this explosion in the popularity of it, changes have to be made for the better use of the repeaters. So if there is the time to keep updated with your local DMR ham club, it's now with DMR repeaters and TG's assigned.

highstupid

Banned
do you have that particular group list set on the channel in the cps. you have to set a channel to use a particular receive group list or it will only receive traffic from that TG. you can't just create a group list and be done

Last edited:

RayAir

fyi there isn't a "monitor all" function for DMR. The radio will only receive what TGs you tell it to (your digital receive group list assigned to that channel)

I wish there were a "monitor all" selection for DMR radios.

Don't know if you knew that or not.

If you need any DMR programming help, PM me.

sswcmw

Joe,

I meant to tell you in your other thread that I have finished the code plug for the 750 and posted it to the web site.

You should download it and compare it to what you have to see how things work, and modify yours according to how you want yours set up.

Downloads | NC PRN

-- Scott

sswcmw

fyi there isn't a "monitor all" function for DMR. The radio will only receive what TGs you tell it to (your digital receive group list assigned to that channel)

I wish there were a "monitor all" selection for DMR radios.

Don't know if you knew that or not.

If you need any DMR programming help, PM me.

While it is true that there is no monitor all (and there never should be on a commercial radio for several obvious reasons), we utilize a Monitor All channel on the PRN system as a way for users to only have to go to one channel to make sure that the repeater is not in use before they attempt to use it. It is also a handy channel to sit on so you can hear any activity on your local repeater and then switch to the proper channel if you feel like joining in.

sswcmw

Or you could use group lists!?! Just sayin'! It's a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except group lists only work for talkgroups on the same time slot, so that won't work to monitor the entire repeater. We use a combination of a RX Group List to listen for the items on Time Slot 1, and a Scan List to catch the traffic on Time Slot 2.

RayAir

Of course you can't listen to both time slots at once unless you have two radios so why don't you just program two monitor all channels with your monitor all group list?

One monitor ch TS1,

The other TS2?

Set up a scan function for your zone or manually flip the ch selector between TS1 and TS2 monitor all channel.

sswcmw

Of course you can't listen to both time slots at once unless you have two radios so why don't you just program two monitor all channels with your monitor all group list?

One monitor ch TS1,

The other TS2?

Set up a scan function for your zone or manually flip the ch selector between TS1 and TS2 monitor all channel.

Because it is faster to just use one channel that receives all talkgroups on TS1 using the RX Group List, and the one talkgroup on TS2 using a scan group.

Doing it this way a radio can listen to two time slots by flipping back and forth between the scan list and the RX Group list.

inginear

SSWCMW: If I understand your Monitor All strategy correctly, the idea is to set up a scan group that contains one TS1 and one TS2 channel each containing an all inclusive RX Group list. Is that correct?

But I looked at the CS750 codeplug "Basic PRN Code Plug For CS750 v1.12 (With some contacts included)", I noticed the TS for the Richmond VA Local (and others) was TS1 when it should have been TS2--correct?

Or have I missed something?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
NCPRN is very weird and does NOT follow standard TG protocol.

They have TG 2 on TS 2 which is PRN. I believe its a network wide local TG. They use 27500 as the TG on TS 1 for local as well only I believe its more localized than 2 is.

They don't have most of the DMR-MARC TGs at all and what they do have is on different TGs than they're supposed to be. Strange to say the least.

So good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.