Pro 2096 For new jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

Can anyone please help me here? I just bought a pro 2096 used and it works great! I deleted everything out of it so I could start fresh with it...I do not have the programming cable for it yet,But im only looking to put in a couple digital systems manually and I cannot! Figure this thing out at all! Just Burlington county police,ems,and fire...Their digital system! Along with the state police system! Not the newer system just the original one! im used to using uniden scanners and I cannot figure this thing out at all! And the manual is not helping me much! Along with not much help from youtube either! Can someone tell me how to program this radio manually? step by step? Ive done everything the manual told me to do and I still cant get it going! I can see talk group ids popping up but cant hear anything! I think I might be putting in the wrong table numbers in? I have no idea??? Anyone??? Thanks Danny...

W2SJW

Database Admin
You can only add 1 base & offset table via the keyboard for a UHF Moto Type-II system. Burlington has 3, so you are going to have to wait until you get the cable.

I hope you didn't pay too much for that unit, as it's a pain in the *** to set that (and the Pro-96) up. EVERY P25 system is going to need the stepping tables entered manually, as it cannot decode them from the control channel. IMHO, buying a digital unit that old was a waste of money...

W2SJW

Database Admin
As long as you program it correctly, it should. You will need to buy a copy of Win96 as well. I don't know of any free software that will program the 96/2096.

Danny6569

pro 2096

Ok never mind on buying it! It came with the cable for a week! A week trial! Now to figure out how to use butels software? Im not used to using it on a radio shack scanner! Only on unidens

Danny6569

pro 2096

you said i would need to program the tables for each system scott manually? Im only trying to put in a couple systems such as burlington county...So what would i have to do upload the system to the scanner first and then change the table numbers after its uploaded? im really lost here...

Status
Not open for further replies.