Manchester NH Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLPGuy

Hey guys, I am new to using scanners. I work close with MPD and bought a scanner to use to listen to them throughout the day. I only want the manchester police dispatch channel 1 and 2 programmed into my uniden. I have other police departments just can't seem to find the frequency specific for their dispatch channels. I know they run the edacs system so any help that can get me those 2 channels will be awesome! :)

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
You will need a scanner that is capable of scanning the EDACS trucked radio system, after that you can program just the police talkgroups if you want. The Manchester system is not like all of the other NH systems that require one frequency to listen to their operations.

DickH

Hey guys, I am new to using scanners. I work close with MPD and bought a scanner to use to listen to them throughout the day. I only want the manchester police dispatch channel 1 and 2 programmed into my uniden. I have other police departments just can't seem to find the frequency specific for their dispatch channels. I know they run the edacs system so any help that can get me those 2 channels will be awesome! :)

You had better scroll down to the New Hampshire forum and ask there. There is a note in the database dated 2003 that says they might update the system to Pro-Voice Digital. As far as I know, Prop-Voice can not be monitored by any scanner.
Just FYI, it is a truNked system, not a trucked system.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Use whats on here and this-http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manchester_NH_Trunk_System#Police_Talkgroups

Make sure your scanner can do their system.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure they will switch to an actual P25 trunked system for interoperability. Nashua is planning to upgrade their system to a P25 trunk as well. It's all about the times

jmarcel66

Feed Provider

idle00955

I own a MA-Com P7170IP and Manchester does use Pro Voice every now and then. Its the same radio the police are using.

If they go P25 hoping VHF then I can use my Motorola APX6000. If they stay at 800mhz then Ill have to get a APX 7000. I wonder if they will stay with Harris Ma-Com or move to motorola.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
They will be going to a Motorola P25 800Mhz trunked system. Unsure when they will begin migrating.

ecps92

Probably Nashua first, didn't I read how Manchester was going to use the CORE from Nashua ?

Nashua has begun to migrate from the old system to the new P25 as of this past Fall

They will be going to a Motorola P25 800Mhz trunked system. Unsure when they will begin migrating.

idle00955

I just don't get why they would move to Motorola when Harris has p25 and they are already using Harris. Sounds like they could upgrade mobiles and portables and buy a Harris central setup. Plus Harris you can use old edcas with p25. I like the fact Harris is easy to program without issues you get from a Motorola trucking setup. How many millions is this for them to migrate?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Some of the newer Harris radios Manchester has could be flashed for the P25, but not all. The EDACS system itself needed replacing to become P25. In theory (and by P25 standards) regardless of manufacturer, any P25 trunking radio should be able to do voice talkgroups on any P25 system. They may be able to use some of the newer Harris radios if they flash them. Whether they do or not, I don't know.

Word is Manchester did by their own core, but is incompatible with Nashua's. I can't verify that though. Manchester was going to spend the money for a new system regardless of who they went with.

Nashua's system is partially on-line with schools, DPW, Wastewater, etc using it now. Fire & Police (as of last week) were still on the old system.

idle00955

Yes that all makes. I figured they would spend the money to upgrade. It makes since to go motorola P25 and get the APX 7000 since they can now work with the rest of the State. It sucks for people like me that want to listen to Manchester because Motorola Trunking systems are hard to get to work right in a real two way radio. Scanners work fine. I figured when they build the new PD they would of used the P25 and upgrade then.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Yes that all makes. I figured they would spend the money to upgrade. It makes since to go motorola P25 and get the APX 7000 since they can now work with the rest of the State. It sucks for people like me that want to listen to Manchester because Motorola Trunking systems are hard to get to work right in a real two way radio. Scanners work fine. I figured when they build the new PD they would of used the P25 and upgrade then.

While the APX series is becoming a common replacement, most of the state (on the fire side) is still using the XTS2500 and Kenwood TK-5210 models. The police side maybe closer to 50/50, but there are still many 2500's and even XTS3000's still in service.

The rest of the state is simple P25 compatible, so any of the radios out there (Kenwood, Harris, Moto, etc) work.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Sharing the core would have made sense, but who knows why Manchester would want their own?

As far as Nashua talk groups, is there any indication that they are using the divide by 16 formula for the new talk groups?

Word is Manchester did by their own core, but is incompatible with Nashua's. I can't verify that though. Manchester was going to spend the money for a new system regardless of who they went with.

Nashua's system is partially on-line with schools, DPW, Wastewater, etc using it now. Fire & Police (as of last week) were still on the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.