Peel Region P25 Issues..on and off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hey all out there, are any of you monitoring the Peel Region P25 system often?

Not too sure why but for me it either seems to come in really well, or not at all.

Today, around 17:50, I am getting very choppy reception on my BCD436 and Nothing at all on my 996XT

Is there a better P25 adjustment setting I should be using for this system?

Is the 'North" tower the only one in existence right now?

regards,

Jason

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Jason,

I also own a 436hp and am actually receiving better then usual reception today. Error codes stayed at 0. The North site is the main tower site for the system. Hope this helps!

Michael

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey all out there, are any of you monitoring the Peel Region P25 system often?

Not too sure why but for me it either seems to come in really well, or not at all.

Today, around 17:50, I am getting very choppy reception on my BCD436 and Nothing at all on my 996XT

Is there a better P25 adjustment setting I should be using for this system?

Is the 'North" tower the only one in existence right now?

regards,

Jason

And you just posted pictures of your new antennas. And you, in North Brampton, are having difficulty receiving Peel's system?

With those amazing antennas, I don't get it.

mciupa

Even on the 18th floor in my building at my workplace facing Queen's Park I can pull them in on a BCD396XT with a RadioShack 800 MHz antenna. I see encrypted TG's flash by more than anything. When comm's are clear, Public Works break through more than anyone else.

AOD999

Even on the 18th floor in my building at my workplace facing Queen's Park I can pull them in on a BCD396XT with a RadioShack 800 MHz antenna. I see encrypted TG's flash by more than anything. When comm's are clear, Public Works break through more than anyone else.

I was just listening i ended up getting Miway active for a bit before i went back to TorP25

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I seem to receive the public works better then the fire department for some reason, not too sure why that is. I also get a full 5 bars! But I find the communication choppy sometimes.

I just cannot explain it. I can pull in a low wattage CYYZ transmitter, but a high powered tower for the new Peel system just is not always as clear as I would like it to be.

Hmmmmm

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Either you have a defective radio or a bad cable line because the Peel System is so strong that you could get it by sticking your pinkie in the antenna jack. Try the radio with just the antenna it came with it should work perfect if not then the radio is defective. If it works perfect then odds are you have a damaged cable line to your antenna.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hey Brian, I hear you, but it is JUST the Region of Peel system I am having some issues with, I will check my connections........

GO Transit is 100% perfect

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
something doesn't sound right because like i said the Peel system is so strong i grab it all the way out to Whitby. I would try the antenna it came with to see if that helps, i can't see it being interference as with the switch they got rid of the cell tower interference. That was my problem at my Mississauga house till they switched and its crystal clear now.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I turned on the Attenuator, BANG

Maybe my scanner was getting over loaded? Not too sure, but its great now!

Cheers,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Receiving too many sites on a simulcast system.

Turning the attenuator on knocked down the number of sites you're receiving.

Another method would be to use a yagi to receive only one site.

Status
Not open for further replies.