BCT15x scanning State Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkosupertech

Premium Subscriber
I'm a bit new with setting up a Bearcat 15xt scanner. The issue is that the State of Nevada uses an 800mhz ECADS trunked system for the entire state. I live in the Northeastern part of the state (Elko County) so I have one of the channel groups setup for the local repeaters. Should I have to do this? When I ran the Radio Reference import using FreeScan it downloads a whole load of areas and frequencies as well. Areas like Reno/Tahoe and Las Vegas which I'm not in but it adds those anyways.

Is there a better way I should be doing this?

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I bet not being able to choose sites is news to many FreeSCAN users...

Attachments

• FreeScan.jpg
    FreeScan.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 158

elkosupertech

Premium Subscriber
So I remembered that I bought Arc XT and programmed my scanner for Elko County's towers which we have like 6 or 8 sites. It seems to run faster with that being narrowed down but still it seems to take more time running through the trunked systems.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Have you narrowed the talkgroup selection to the ones specific to your area?

With 600+ talkgroups in the Nevada System, it can take a bit of time, and then scanning across 6-8 sites can make it even longer.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The scanner scans the active control channels for each site, thus the more sites selected the longer it will take to scan all the sites. The scanner does not scan the talkgroups so that is not an issue.

elkosupertech

Premium Subscriber
Yes, well... At least I think. I am guessing at "specific to my area" based off of the description.

I am debating on narrowing more of the sites. I selected all of the ones I would likely be around (Elko County) and like I said there are 8 or 9 in this area. There are 2 in the vicinity of this town alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.