My Broadcastify Feed Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Here's my feed (see signature) setup... It's in a vacant upstairs office at our business. I bought the PC (a used Dell OptiPlex i5) at a local flea market for $180. The radio (at left on table) is a Uniden BCD536HP. It's streaming audio and tags over Wi-Fi (via dongle, directly under monitor). Yep, that's where the antenna currently works best after much experimentation. It's a Laird Y8063 sitting on an empty Kleenex box :)

5 years and over $1000 total investment later, that's what my little piece of this segment of the hobby has evolved into. I've enjoyed every minute of it (even the largely justified, at times, listener complaints) and wouldn't trade a minute or a dollar spent on it for anything else. I hope to be doing something similar for a long time and that everyone can continue to enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150530_131247.jpg
    IMG_20150530_131247.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,173
Last edited:

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I'm listening to your feed as I type this, and it sounds really clean and clear. Good job!

Also, kudos on the most original antenna mount that I've ever seen. ;-)

Russell

KC9NEG

Thanks for the compliments!

Hehe, someday I'll rig up a stand from PVC, or, more importantly, I'll rig up some sort of remote-controllable (via internet) antenna rotator/axial twister (it's proven necessary, at times, to attenuate more than the radio's ATT function can by rotating the elements toward horizontal).

dimab

What did you mean when you said streaming over wifi? The pc is streaming the data over wifi to a host machine for control?

Status
Not open for further replies.