Radioshack 668 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadi123

I recently bought a Radioshack 668 scanner. I am a newbie in this field living in a midrise building in Chicago. Anyways, I am looking for a replacement antenna for better reception for a variety of frequencies. I heard that Radioshack's 800 Mhz antenna is pretty good. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I have several of those 800mhz radio shack antennas. They do work well.
That is if your trying to get good 700/800mhz reception.
Im guessing thats what your trying to pull in since thats the antenna you mention.

DJ11DLN

You also might want to consider a dual-band (2M+440) "gain" antenna. They're typically about 15" long and available in SMA or BNC connectors, and they're not priced too bad at all ($15-$25). I use one and it seems to resonate well enough in the 850 range where most of my system is to outperform the RS 800 duck, usually by a bar or 2. As a bonus the VHF-Hi and UHF stuff, which is a minority for me but an important one, comes in extremely well.:wink:

RayAir

Pro 668 antenna

I have a 9" 800MHz antenna, brand unknown, that does great on 800 but can't pull in weaker UHF.

I've been using a Watson Super Gainer for 10 years and it does just as good on 800, plus it is designed for VHF and UHF. I leave this one on my 668 most of the time.

I ordered a Comtelco mag mount low profile scanner antenna for my car last week also. I do a lot of work from my car and "duckies" inside a car aren't the best for reception.

AtlasFBG2

Sine you said for a variety of frequencies the Diamond rh77ca works good for the 150-470 bands.Will also work on 700-800 bands if the signal is strong enough. Picked mine up for $18 from http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/diamond-rh77ca-4968.html

For 700-800 bands the Radio Shack 800mhz antenna would be the way to go. It does fairly decent down to the 450 bands. Depending on how strong the signal is on the 450 bands.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Antenna for 800MHz and more

I found the Radio Shack 800MHZ scanner antenna works well in the UHF and VHF range too. It's more than just 800MHz. I have 5 of them on all my new HT's.

I recently bought a Radioshack 668 scanner. I am a newbie in this field living in a midrise building in Chicago. Anyways, I am looking for a replacement antenna for better reception for a variety of frequencies. I heard that Radioshack's 800 Mhz antenna is pretty good. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I found the Radio Shack 800MHZ scanner antenna works well in the UHF and VHF range too. It's more than just 800MHz. I have 5 of them on all my new HT's.

I was surprised at how well the GRE/RS 800 antenna worked on VHF. I hope Whistler has plans to continue this product.

Sent via Tapatalk

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I have three antennas I use. Just added the RS 800 to that.
The Diamond 77ca, the Condor and the RS 800 ducky.

All are great portable antennas and the RS 800 does great on VHF/UHF as well. I pick up my statewide VHF P25 system fantastically with it along with a bunch of other VHF/UHF stuff.

The Condor and 77ca are fantastic and as stated work on 800 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.