Help: Bursts of Static while Monitoring P25 System (My Feed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Hello, gurus...

I'm hearing brief, loud, and very annoying bursts of static while monitoring this system (my feed):

Indianapolis Department Of Public Safety Trunking System, Indianapolis, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

I've experimented with settings (attenuator, p25 mode, p25 threshold) but can't seem to shake this. If anyone would care to have a listen (link in signature) and offer suggestions I could try, I'd really appreciate any helpwith this.

Edit: my feed only monitors System 1 of the linked TRS (Systems 2 and 3 are excluded).

73 and happy monitoring!

nbdyspclk

Nearby electronics bleed over maybe? What is running electically on the same electrical circut? Blender,microwave,Satellite any wifi compliant ie,tv,dvd player,etc,etc

frazpo

I heard it once and it didn't seem to have that motorboat sound like CC. But it was very quick.
What is your display showing when this happens?

Just heard it again,,,Didn't sound like control channel. Might loosen the squelch

KC9NEG

Well raise my rent! I've been listening for a couple hours, and tightening squelch to 3 seems to have completely stopped the annoying bursts... Thanks for focusing my attention in the right direction!

Last edited:

KC9NEG

Problem definitively solved :) I had loosened squelch per the sticky thread and didn't even suspect that as a possible cause. Man, other than occasional (and probably unavoidable) simulcast distortion, my feed sounds spectacular. I'm listening for hours daily now, even all day at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.