SDR# no unzippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcoyote

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I had SDR# installed and running before. I had some computer issues and end up deleting/uninstalling it all(Virtual machine on a Mac). Anyhow, I have my VM up and running again and I have downloaded the zip file. I know to unzip it to a folder on my desktop but when it do that none of the files are expandable. I get three files(httpget, install and unzip) and none of them have the file type i.e. .ext Trying to double click or run as admin or anything does not work. Ideas what I'm not wrong? I'm not very windows savvy so please use layman's terms. Thanks

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
I'm not very windows savvy so please use layman's terms.
I am very Mac adverse because of the hardware design of Macs and the general software ecosystem at Apple. That said, I am actually a fan of the OS itself because any OS where you can drop to a shell is a good thing.

;)

Thusly, you may have configured your VM incorrectly, installed the guest OS incorrectly or the download may have been mangled. Windows unzips files by default so I would see if you can open a different zip file and go from there.

HTH's

newcoyote

Premium Subscriber
I am very Mac adverse because of the hardware design of Macs and the general software ecosystem at Apple. That said, I am actually a fan of the OS itself because any OS where you can drop to a shell is a good thing.

;)

Thusly, you may have configured your VM incorrectly, installed the guest OS incorrectly or the download may have been mangled. Windows unzips files by default so I would see if you can open a different zip file and go from there.

HTH's
I had it running fine with the same setup as before. The reason for the redo is unrelated to having a virtual machine. It may be as you suggest but I don't think so.

Voyager

Can you try unzipping the same file on a Windows PC? That would eliminate the zip file as a variable (leaving only the MAC).

Status
Not open for further replies.