Get Windows 10 free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I got a message from MS today to "Reserve" my free copy of Windows 10. I clicked the okay button and when W10 becomes available it will be downloaded onto my computer for free. The message says it is not a trial offer it is a full copy. What I am wondering is that once downloaded will there be an annual fee to keep using it? I did read that that is what MS wants to do, so you never buy a copy like Windows 7 you just keep paying them a fee every year or you don't have an operating system anymore.

moonbounce

How do you know the message was from Microsoft?

I really don't know, other than it has the MS logo on the bottom. I did google it and it seems that it is legit? But you know the old saying " ain't nothin free ". I think they want to get this on everyones computer then charge a yearly fee. I did read in a computer magazine months ago that this is the direction that MS is going.

Moonbounce

Blackswan73

Microsoft sent out an update to Windows 7 and 8 users that triggers the popup in the tray to update to Windows 10. Personally, I will wait a bit to see how 10 preforms in the real world, especially with unsigned drivers. The upgrade is supposed to be offered for a year, so for me, no big rush.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
update

I got a message from MS today to "Reserve" my free copy of Windows 10. I clicked the okay button and when W10 becomes available it will be downloaded onto my computer for free. The message says it is not a trial offer it is a full copy. What I am wondering is that once downloaded will there be an annual fee to keep using it? I did read that that is what MS wants to do, so you never buy a copy like Windows 7 you just keep paying them a fee every year or you don't have an operating system anymore.

Windows will send the windows 10 update to you just like you get all your updates sent to you and you will have an option to install it or not,
Steve

sprent14

Windows 10 / Scanner Cast?

I am more curious to know if anyone has yet to try Scanner Cast with Windows 10? do they play nice together? Or will I have to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 just to get scanner cast to work again?

CapStar362

i already beta test w10 in a VM. its not bad, but it has its kinks.

IE is no longer a browser, w10 has a browser built natively in the windows kernel. no need to open IE for anything, just type it in the search bar, and the webpage pops without prompting for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.