Railroads update

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I am slowly updating the railroad category for Massachusetts. A new category named Massachusetts Railroads Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference is in the database and I'll be fine tuning and adding to it over the next week or so. The old one just labeled as "railroads" will be taken down when its complete.

Improvements that you will see are milepost locations of the subdivisions (if known), GPS locations of the subdivisions (ranges) along with geographic end points. This will allow a more easily readable database and those with RRDB aware scanners/software to have the proper radio channels load in.

However (there is always a "but") - GPS ranges are rather large due to us having to use a "circle" range - IE, we pick a point on a map, give it a 20mi range and its a large circle. This may load in other distant rail channels, however since most rail lines are 100+ miles, its a necessary evil. However those using products that allow for rectangle ranges, it will work out great for you.

So, the information will be tweaked for a bit, so expect it to change often after I get the framework in.

Status
Not open for further replies.