Spvm montreal police. "superviseur seram"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I know SERAM is acronym for the new SPVM / SIM radio system...
But certain SPVM police cars they have SERAM in big white letters across the rear side windows. & in 1 case the 22-10 was marked "SUPERVISEUR SERAM" witch I found odd because the SUPERVISEURS are usually the xx-86's / xx-86's

Does anyone know why some of the cars are marked SERAM??

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
I've already seen in others police services marked like that and it's was because the user of this vehicule had more training on the new system that all other officers/supervisors.

I don't know about the exact reasons for montreal tho...

maximel

Hello

I know SERAM is acronym for the new SPVM / SIM radio system...
But certain SPVM police cars they have SERAM in big white letters across the rear side windows. & in 1 case the 22-10 was marked "SUPERVISEUR SERAM" witch I found odd because the SUPERVISEURS are usually the xx-86's / xx-86's

Does anyone know why some of the cars are marked SERAM??

The supervisor have the both radio for dispatch and analog radio (seram and old).

And a third for the analog operation channel (2,7,8,9,10)

I'ts testing the new system. If you listen, sometime you hear the guy talking in delay. when i talk on SERAM, the analogue system enter in the seram radio microphone and loop back. The digital system encoding made a 50 to 80 ms delay.

Max

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Hello

The supervisor have the both radio for dispatch and analog radio (seram and old).

And a third for the analog operation channel (2,7,8,9,10)

I'ts testing the new system. If you listen, sometime you hear the guy talking in delay. when i talk on SERAM, the analogue system enter in the seram radio microphone and loop back. The digital system encoding made a 50 to 80 ms delay.

Max

Hi, since you look like be using the SERAM, can you tell us about the quality versus the old Analogue system? I know that the coverage sould be better but usally, P25 voice quality is worst than Analogue or EDACS.

Thanks a lot!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Hi, since you look like be using the SERAM, can you tell us about the quality versus the old Analogue system? I know that the coverage sould be better but usally, P25 voice quality is worst than Analogue or EDACS.

Thanks a lot!

It seems to vary in my experience, listening on consumer-grade scanners. Sometimes it's very clear and sometimes it's awful. The folks in Chicago, on scanners, have a very hard time with the STARCOM21 statewide system on sites that multicast to several transmitters. I don't know if there are problems with actual commercial radios.

hermite

Premium Subscriber
Hello. My understanding is that SERAM will all be encrypted (AES 132) on APCO25. They have already started on Simulcast 772006.250. What's the point in sound quality if we can only hear garbage..?

hermite

Premium Subscriber
Tks for the info, but I thought SPVM and SIM were both migrating to SERAM. Just a matter of time i guess?

VORTAC

Database Admin
The East part of the island is now encrypted and is no longer heard on the old system. Gradually, the whole services will be on SERAM (AES 256).

For the SIM, no date has been issued.

hermite

Premium Subscriber
Tks for the follow-up VORTAC.

For SERAM 1490E-CFF, I am noticing no Tags & Labels associated to the following TG:

60001, 60012, 60013, 60017, 60294, 60300. Who would be updating these TG?

Also, once SPVM is fully migrated to AES, what happens to the Live Audio feeds on RadioReference?
Who owns the receivers of the SPVM LiveAudio feeds anyways?

I'm fairly new to APCO and Trunking, so please bare with me :)

Tks

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Those TG are not in the database... Sometimes, when it's the agency who own the feed, they continue to provide feed via the dispatching console. for SPVM i dont think they will do this kind of thing.

The feed will probably die.. the sad truth.

If you have question about APCO and trunking, feel free to PM me !

VORTAC

Database Admin
Tks for the follow-up VORTAC.

For SERAM 1490E-CFF, I am noticing no Tags & Labels associated to the following TG:

60001, 60012, 60013, 60017, 60294, 60300. Who would be updating these TG?

Also, once SPVM is fully migrated to AES, what happens to the Live Audio feeds on RadioReference?
Who owns the receivers of the SPVM LiveAudio feeds anyways?

I'm fairly new to APCO and Trunking, so please bare with me :)

Tks

Groups 60001-60020 are reserved for the Interop.

Sadly, yes, all SPVM feeds will be dead after the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.