Pro-668: Manually Programming with Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Okay, maybe this is a stupid question- but I will ask anyway. I installed the software successfully, and the scanner is recognized. How do I use this software to manually pick and choose what I want to hear from the database? Can I program my own stuff in there? I am familiar with WIN 500, but this program is really giving me a hard time. Thanks- this whole playlist stuff is confusing.

marksmith

Go to the Library Import tab.
I usually use the "standard" type.
Then pick your state, county, etc and import your selections to selected playlists.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

jnewell

Speaking of playlists, when you've selected the freqs/sites you want to import, make sure you check to see which playlist (if any) they will be imported into before you click "import." If you aren't careful, everything winds up in whatever default playlist you have and you'll need to move it, which is more cumbersome than making sure they go into the right playlist the first time.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I can't figure out how to make a new playlist. I can see the entire database for my county, but I only want a handful of items and two entire trunked systems. I don't know why I am having such an issue with this stupid thing.

marksmith

The new playlist already exists. You just have to name it on the page that has all 200 of them showing.

Then you do the thing in the import page as above. Like jnewell says, once you have picked one of those trucked diets you want and hit menu you will get an option to import. Take it and you will get to pick where it imports. You probably need to unchecked your default playlist (probably 1 or 0) and check the one you want it in, which is probably named for that system.

You should see it importing.

Then you need to go to playlist and turn that one on, so it will scan.

Then run the scan.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

jvdet

if you have a Freescan - uniden file you can copy - paste in to a play list
or write into a spread sheet and copy paste into a play list
or as suggested above just import thru the library of what you want - edit it to your liking

Status
Not open for further replies.