Newport News P25 cutover

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have or know if and when Newport News is slotted to make the switch to P25, on thee FCC website, callsigns KNJH350, the new frequencies have already been given the P25 Phase 2 emission codes. But, I'm surprised their hasn't been an article in the Virginian-Pilot.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Looks like the new system just got turned on,

858.26250 is the primary CC

Alt CC, 856.58750 , 857.26250 , 859.26250

System ID 6EB, system flavor is Phase 2.

kc4jgc

Any indication whether the system is running in Phase 1 or Phase 2 mode?
I'm hoping that while it's a P2 system it'll run in P1 mode, like Norfolk.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Initially when I ran Pro96com it showed Phase 2, yesterday it was showing Phase 1 . All the traffic I've heard sounds like Phase 1. I think once they go live they'll run Phase 2.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Initially when I ran Pro96com it showed Phase 2, yesterday it was showing Phase 1 . All the traffic I've heard sounds like Phase 1. I think once they go live they'll run Phase 2.

It is possible they could run a combination of both.

beastieboy101

Be very careful with Pro96Com when it shows the "Flavor" as Phase 1 or 2.

I have had Pro96Com show the Flavor of the new Prince William Co. P25 Phase 2 system as Phase 1. Even while the system has active TDMA talkgroups the Flavor will still say Phase 1. I have never understood why it would make that mistake.

On the PWC P25 system they run they School Bus Talkgroups and some County Services as Phase 2.
PD & Fire still all Phase 1.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
does this mean we will lose Newport News PD like Hampton PD (encrypted)? I must say, Newport News PD has the most action of anywhere I am able to copy (incl va beach, norfolk, etc). sure hate to lose the PD. be a real bummer if we do.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I would hate it if they did, especially South 1, but I haven't heard the Techs using encryption. I can't say

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
good old south 1, yes. lol. all of the PD talk groups have action. i live in hampton and am also able to copy va beach and norfolk. between the 3, it stays very active. i moved here from Brownsville, TX where we had NOTHING to listen to, but I listened anyway.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
good old south 1, yes. lol. all of the PD talk groups have action. i live in hampton and am also able to copy va beach and norfolk. between the 3, it stays very active. i moved here from Brownsville, TX where we had NOTHING to listen to, but I listened anyway.

I suspect all the Investigations and Vice channels will probably be encrypted

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
just saw you are in across the bay over in portsmouth. any other systems you copy that i might be able to that are worth listening? i am new here. i get langley AFB, that can be interesting.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Suffolk, Chesapeake, the James City County-York-Poquoson -Williamsburg system. ORION for VBPD and VBFD-EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.