Pro 668 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Here's the list of fixes from the release notes:
- Fixed EDACS patching bug.
- Add delay in USB startup required by some USB host hardware.
- Changed algorithm used for battery level icon.
- New default voltages for NiMH icon thresholds.
- Fixed Audio Boost handling for analog frequencies.
- DAC gain changes for digital "too loud" problem
- EDACS ESK detection fixes
- Fixes for password / alarm functions. Changes were not always preserved on power-down.

Looks like we got all the fixes the WS1080 has now. Instead of incremental updates like the WS1080, we got them all in one update.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Here's the list of fixes from the release notes:
- Fixed EDACS patching bug.
- Add delay in USB startup required by some USB host hardware.
- Changed algorithm used for battery level icon.
- New default voltages for NiMH icon thresholds.
- Fixed Audio Boost handling for analog frequencies.
- DAC gain changes for digital "too loud" problem
- EDACS ESK detection fixes
- Fixes for password / alarm functions. Changes were not always preserved on power-down.

Looks like we got all the fixes the WS1080 has now. Instead of incremental updates like the WS1080, we got them all in one update.

It's good to be loved!! LOL!

KF5CHD

I'm actually shocked Whistler or RS or whoever did this. This is something I defiantly wasn't expecting, but loving non the less haha!

Says a lot about Whistler as a company, or RS paid the bill...

WeBeCinYa

I'm actually shocked Whistler or RS or whoever did this. This is something I defiantly wasn't expecting, but loving non the less haha!

Says a lot about Whistler as a company, or RS paid the bill...

Great news! Where are all those people upset that there wouldn't be any updates?!?

prplehz

I had a feeling the pro668 wouldn't get left behind. I am even more glad I got one now. Thanks to whoever made it happen and thanks for the heads up on it being available. :)

SCPD

QRT
+1..thank you to those that made this possible. I'll be updating that once I get home :)..

Keep up the Good work

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Just did mine, seems like everything is OK. I hope it helps with a couple of the "too loud" transmitters I hear on the local digital system. They are both hospitals and when they key up with women talking, wow, it really wakes me up. It's like they are talking through a bullhorn. My Pro106, and PSR-500 aren't subject to this problem nearly as bad as the 668 is.

jnewell

Amazing. Adding my thanks. And because I'm a skeptic about the future, I'd encourage anyone who is interested to do this now, and not to assume that these updates will be indefinitely available (though I'd absolutely love to be wrong about that!).

Status
Not open for further replies.