Sea World San Diego MotoTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Last June, when I was at Sea World San Diego, I monitored park employees on the UHF analog conventional repeaters listed in the RR Database. Today I noticed that last year Sea World was issued a license for what appears to be a UHF MotoTRBO trunked system (WQTX552 (Sea World LLC) FCC Callsign Details).

Does anyone know if Sea World is still on their analog conventional repeaters, or have they now moved to a Connect+ MotoTRBO system?

While I'm at it, anyone know for certain if the San Diego Zoo is still on UHF conventional analog, or have they now moved to UHF MotoTRBO the way the Wild Animal Park did a few years ago?

Thanks,
Dan

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I cannot answer the Sea World part of your question at this time. I will have to tune in and see. However I know the San Diego Zoo is still on analog UHF as of my last visit last month. The Safari Park (Wild Animal Park) is on MotoTRBO.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Last June, when I was at Sea World San Diego, I monitored park employees on the UHF analog conventional repeaters listed in the RR Database. Today I noticed that last year Sea World was issued a license for what appears to be a UHF MotoTRBO trunked system (WQTX552 (Sea World LLC) FCC Callsign Details).

Does anyone know if Sea World is still on their analog conventional repeaters, or have they now moved to a Connect+ MotoTRBO system?

I can now answer my own question. Sea World has definitely abandoned their UGH analog frequencies and are using a MotoTRBO system on 461.3875, 461.4750, 462.0000, 462.3750, 463.8375 and 464.3000. I did not have DSD+ equipment with me, so am not able to determine whether the system is encrypted or using RAS. Employees carry XPR7550s with GPS antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.