BCD436HP/BCD536HP: P25 Not receving right anymore after update.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

Hello,

I was wondering anyone can get me info on how to fix the issue with my bc436hp, after I did the update to 1.05.01 can not hear King William Nor Hanover Like I used to , signal is beyond broken up , my radio in same place that I always have it and I live in King William and use the bc436HP and have radioshack 800 mhz antenna on it like I always have, but after the update the signal not so good anymore unless I am in Hanover Co, do I need change the P25 Threshold settings right now they at 8 and Auto...
Talked to Uniden and they not to sure yet what could be, it might be firmware issue but any way I can fix this issue

kb8rvp

BCD436HP P25 Not receving right anymore after update.....

Most have said after the update setting the P25 settings to auto improved signal but with me it didn't so I set mine to manual and it got better... Try this:
Press Menu
Scroll to manage favorites (press the volume know down to select each)
Scroll to one of your favorites you're having issues with
Select review/edit system
Select the system name you want to change
Scroll and select Edit site
Select the site
Scroll and select P25 Threshold Mode
If it's set to Auto scroll to and select Manual(if manual is already selected try auto)
Press menu to go back
Scroll down to and select P25 threshold(mine is set to 8)
Keep pressing menu until the scanner goes back to scanning

See if this helps. I has to go into all of the favorites that are P25 and make the change and it is working much better on manual.

Mike

Badboy536

Try 8 manual see if that helps...I had the same thing happen here.worked for me.

Minus1

CPerk wrote: "Talked to Uniden and they not to sure yet what could be"
I like the use of the word "yet". At least it shows some admission that there is a problem and offers hope it will be rectified. Personally I've set up multiple systems using every combination of Auto and Manual and every Threshold Level, with no consistent results with any combination. Reception is ad hoc in the extreme, with hours of no signals when they used to come in regularly.

As I posted before, Uniden have clearly changed something which is not visible to users, if they make that setting visible we can experiment ourselves to see what works best for us.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
As others have said try manual. After the update with everything set to auto I stopped receiving a lot of P25 conventional stuff here in VA. What I did was usually garbled as you said.

I put it all back to manual and 7 which is what works for me and ta da it works just like it used to. For some reason it seems to go high on auto. So it does 11, 12 or 13 instead of 7, 8 or 9

Find the magic number for you and set it to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.