Doctors Ambulance Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I don't listen to these guys much, but I recently programmed their frequency and it is silent. I am assuming that they are leasing from a system since their service area has grown significantly over the last few years. Anyone know where they went?

Mark

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Try both frequencies listed in the Db. I know my friend has listened to transmissions on the 155.205 frequency. Other than that, they could be one of the unidentified LTR ambulance talkgroups. Not 100% positive, but the VHF freqs are a good place to start.

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
Try both frequencies listed in the Db. I know my friend has listened to transmissions on the 155.205 frequency. Other than that, they could be one of the unidentified LTR ambulance talkgroups. Not 100% positive, but the VHF freqs are a good place to start.

I believe they are still using VHF. I googled their address in Tustin, CA and drove by the other night and they have a vertical VHF up on their roof in a business district area. I am going to create a custom scan search between 152.000 to 153.00 and see what hits. If there is no hits in 24 to 48 hours then something is not right.

Probably jumped over to an LTR system up on Santiago Peak Possibly. Just stabbing in the dark right now.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
When I was driving to Disneyland a few months ago, I thought I heard them being dispatched along with the fire units on the ORCO Fire system. I heard them being cancelled or given directions where to respond to
on certain calls. I thought they referred to them as "Doctors 1" or "Doctors 4" etc... Try listening for them on the ORCO trunked 800 Mhz system... no guarantees but I thought that is what I heard.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
They do communicate with OCFA and Laguna on their TG's, but they should still have their own comms.

Thanks to all for the replies. Let me know if you find them and I will do the same.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mdfillipp

Database Admin
Um.............I guess no one here has been monitoring the whole ambulance RFP situation in OC lately (?)

The BOS finally made a decision, and Doctors lost, big-time. Care Ambulance got all of Doctors' '911' business, except for Laguna Beach. So, we may not be hearing from them much anymore, at all.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/county-659776-ambulance-contracts.html

I had heard them on 152.99, repeated, though.

Last edited:

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
Thanks for the update. Sounds like CARE came in with the lowest bid and has now taken over The County of Orange.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I guess I should pick up the paper once in a while!

Funny how things change. When I worked for Medix 20 years ago they had the 911 contracts for the better part of the county.
Care was a little company and we used to say that it stood for "Can't Attend to Real Emergencies" LOL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oldschoolamb

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI, the ambulance bid is not "low bid" but a point system, bidder with the most points wins. The state law (since 1983) requires the county local emergency medical service agency (health dept) to conduct the bid, not OCFA or the cities. State law only allows the local emergency medical services agency (or a regional agency like ICEMA) to conduct bid cycles. The law also requires a point system, the health dept asks for key areas in the bid and they receive points for meeting or exceeding what is asked. They can require pre-qualification for coverage type/size (BLS ambulance for 200,000 population) and financial pre-qualification.

The county placed five zone out to bid, Emergency Ambulance retained their two cities, Yorba Linda & Placentia, in "Zone A" (pop 110k), Care was awarded zones B, C, D, E, (pop 950k) some of which they already covered (Seal Beach, Stanton, Midway City), the rest was Doctor's coverage areas. I understand that Laguna Beach was included.

I am told Doctor's was mostly the 911 work, but did have some inter-facility work it was doing.

I think there are another six or more contracts that OCFA or the cities have let out. I don't know if the state is going to allow those to run out or make OC DPH to bid those also.

mdfillipp

Database Admin
'looks like Doctors is continuing to run for Laguna Beach. Now hearing them back on their old freq of 155.205. It's repeated now, unlike what it was a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.