airspy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
I suspect Comcast is blocking access to the airspy website. I have not been able to connect to the server for over 2 weeks now. Am I the only having this problem?

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, Airspy.us never stopped working, Not sure why but must be something local. Fails on 2 PC's and on iPad that's why I suspected Comcast. Turned off firewall and tried 3 different browsers so I will keep looking for a solution.

br0adband

Just curious but can you try: airspy.com | A high performance yet low-cost software defined radio and see what happens? If it loads that way you could or your ISP could just be having a DNS issue someplace. Same website, just the raw IP to get past any potential DNS issues (hopefully).

The site loads normally for me either with that direct IP or using the traditional WWW address without issues.

(The link shows the specific URL as the direct IP if you hover on it - the forum software still pulls the title page to name it in this post)

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Tried your link and get a page with picture of the Airspy with tabs to select and get same results "Server Not Found" if I click on any tab like "Home, Forums, Contact etc." I'm guessing again as not extremely computer savvy but looking into my Linkys Router settings and and possibility that is what is preventing access. Thanks to everyone that replied and at least I know Comcast is not blocking the DNS now.

kmh603

what does Airspy actually do? I read the web page and it does not list what the unit does? Does this it attach to your scanner or is it a standalone unit?

Airspy-US

To clarify a point or two above, Airspy.US is our website and we are the USA distributor. Airspy.COM is the author/designer's website and may be having DNS issues as it has before. http://forums.radioreference.com/software-defined-radio/312914-airspy-site-down.html

There is also the Airspy.CO.UK website for the European distributor.

Airspy is an SDR, or Software Defined Radio, that connects to a PC to complete a receiver setup.

To the original issue, you can try changing the DNS settings in your PC to something other than the Comcast defaults. Airspy.COM works here and we are using Comcast/Xfinity, but specify different DNS servers. You may Google DNS servers for a ton of server IP alternatives.

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Thank you airspy-us, mdulrich and everyone that offered suggestions after reconfiguring my router I can once again access the airspy.com website. Problem solved with help from all the great people on RadioReference Forums, getting too old at 72 to deal with computer aggravations but still learning something new everyday..

Status
Not open for further replies.