Gaston Co. Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Quick question?

I have Gaston Co fire programmed in the mobile radio in my truck.

It has very low modulation and I already have the answer to that question.

My question is when the field units start transmitting information it starts sounding like they are using digital or something like an engine running.

Just curious to see if it my radio or is this happening to everybody else that monitors the system.

It doesn't seem to do it when dispatch talks it is just the mobile and portable units from the fire departments.

It sometimes gets annoying to the point I lock it out of scan.

Just curious

Thanks

David

trumpetman

Database Admin
This interference has been happening for MONTHS.

The county is aware and actively looking for the cause.

MOTOTRBO on VHF is a strange & pervasive animal.

Thanks

Flyham

This interference has been happening for MONTHS.

The county is aware and actively looking for the cause.

MOTOTRBO on VHF is a strange & pervasive animal.

Thanks

Noticing a similar occurrence in Randolph County were Fire and EMS are both paged out on 154.415. If I disable the PL tone, I can also hear the same anomaly.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Noticing a similar occurrence in Randolph County were Fire and EMS are both paged out on 154.415. If I disable the PL tone, I can also hear the same anomaly.

I was told a couple months ago they were having some issues with 154.415. Something about replacing the antenna. I know out in the southeast and southwest corners of the county paging picks up terribly. When I'm at home I lay mine in a window and it still misses pages. When did you start hearing the odd noise? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.

Flyham

I was told a couple months ago they were having some issues with 154.415. Something about replacing the antenna. I know out in the southeast and southwest corners of the county paging picks up terribly. When I'm at home I lay mine in a window and it still misses pages. When did you start hearing the odd noise? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.

It's actually been around for a few months. I'll pm or email you some info as not to take this thread to vs off track.

yardbird

Thanks

Just please keep this thread updated

It done it again on the way to work and finally I had to lock it out of scan again.

David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.