DMR Decoding Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone. I have SDR# installed and working with DSD+ to some degree. But I am still having some problems. Attached are some pictures to show you what I'm seeing when I run SDR# and DSD+ together. I'm trying to listen to a DMR frequency. I'm within 2 miles of the DMR repeater that is up on a mountain. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? All I'm hearing is the mototrbo sound.

Installed on win 8.1

Attachments

• SDR#Settings.jpg
    SDR#Settings.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 386
  • SDR#DSD+.jpg
    SDR#DSD+.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 452

SCPD

QRT
The waterfall suggests your RTL stick is slightly off frequency. The thin red line looks to be to the left-of-center of the DMR signal. You may want to tweak the frequency correction value.

You can mute SDR#'s audio output so that you don't hear the TRBO buzz.

dtscho

Database Admin
You may want to use the FMP program (comes with DSD+ 1.074) together with DSD+. This eliminates the need for SDR#. You'll still need a virtual audio cable, however. (I've had better luck with VB-Cable over VAC.)

Dave

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You are definitely off frequency (461.521.167 isn't valid). As Rick mentioned your PPM setting is likely off. Try parking on a known frequency then adjusting the value until you can dial it in (NOAA channels are handy for this). And I second the FMP recommendation. If you don't need the bells/whistles/visuals that SDR# provides then FMP is the way to go.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
OK. I couldn't get fmp to open for some reason. Do I need to run it from the command line instead of double clicking on it?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes, it needs to be run from the command line (or by setting up a bat file to pass the variables to the exe).

It's easy though... just open a command prompt in your FMP folder. Type in FMP and hit enter, you'll get a list of command line arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.