536HP Harford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a Sentinel file for a working Harford County set up?.. I have a 536HP, new outta the box and it receives CMARC about the same as a rock..

I have downloaded the updates and full database, checked and double checked the system info, Double checked the talkgroups and it is still a rock..

I will admit, I'm not a Uniden fan and don't have extensive background with Sentinel but have programmed over 100 668's and 107's with NO issues..

What could I be missing?? Is the 536HP less sensitive than a 668??

My PRS800 works great sitting right next to this "rock".. Same system info and talkgroups programmed in it..

Dave

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
My only guess is to check that all the "Service Types" are enabled in the "Edit Profile" section in Sentinel.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Will do... But If I have favorites lists and they contain the talkgroups I want to hear, Won't the Services being enabled or disabled not matter anyway?

Voyager

If the services are disabled, any channels tagged as those services will be disabled.

I would echo the "check the service types", as that is a common error.

Also, when you downloaded the updates, did you write them to the scanner?

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Can't help you but just wanted to say HELLO ! ! !

You don't know me, but I have met some people you have programmed scanners for! ;)

668's are a breeze ..... almost program themselves ... I have sold and programmed tons of them ! ! !

EDIT: I will echo what Voyager said ......

You do not want to disable the service if any desired channels are in that service.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
I REALLY DON'T LIKE UNIDEN...

Why in the heck would you have to turn a service type on when you build a favorites list with specific talkgroups in it ??..

Thanks Voyager, I would still be trying to get my logically thinking brain to guess that one was the cause of my dilemma..

I still love my GRE products !!!

marksmith

I REALLY DON'T LIKE UNIDEN...

Why in the heck would you have to turn a service type on when you build a favorites list with specific talkgroups in it ??..

Thanks Voyager, I would still be trying to get my logically thinking brain to guess that one was the cause of my dilemma..

I still love my GRE products !!!
Each of the talkgroups are assigned a service type. Once you build a favorites list you can just go in and make all the service type "custom 1" or something if you want, but you still have to have at least that type active.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Garysauctions... I hope they talked Highly of me !!!

Funny thing is, she was on the phone talking to you about reprgamming her scanner, a PRO-651 I believe to get Harford County back on.

This was back in May, not long after the CMARC migration.

He parents were there thinking about a 668 .... I showed them mine, and they bought it.

The woman spoke well of you, you were had " scanner guy in Delta! " :)

As for me, well just today a scanner followed me home.

It is a PRO-652 ..... hopefully I can get it set up. :)

The deal was just too dang good to pass up!

So long as I can get it to hearing Harford Fire/EMS and Police I'm all good.

bapd113

Premium Subscriber
Harford County Poor Reception

I'm picking up what seems to be all of Harford County Police/Fire/EMS. But reception on my RS-Pro 106 is often broken up. I am a member of Harford County Law Enforcement so I can compare audio reception with my two way radio and I'm sure the 106 is programmed properly. It is that the 106 works, but is not the best radio for the job. With the old 800 band it worked perfectly... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

marksmith

I'm picking up what seems to be all of Harford County Police/Fire/EMS. But reception on my RS-Pro 106 is often broken up. I am a member of Harford County Law Enforcement so I can compare audio reception with my two way radio and I'm sure the 106 is programmed properly. It is that the 106 works, but is not the best radio for the job. With the old 800 band it worked perfectly... Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The 700 mz Harford system is much more restrictive in terms of reception area. It is much more confined to just Harford County than the old Motorola 800 system that i used to monitor down here in AA County. If you are on the fringe of Harford County or just outside the county you could have issues with any scanner.

Does this reception problem occur within and all around the county? You should get it ok inside the county. You might want to make sure you are set to receive the Harford site only. If you get too close to Baltimore the radio might be trying to receive that site. My guess is no on the latter because I would hear it and I don't.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

doctordave

My GRE radios and Uniden XT radios are awful on the new Harford system - both from within the county - and from just across the Bay. My Uniden 436/536 radios, however, do a beautiful job of decoding all over Harford and in western Cecil Co / western Kent Co. The old system was a piece of cake to monitor via just about any radio.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Pro668 is a good choice as well.. The old scanners just don't understand the LSM (linear Simulcast Modulation) that Harford is using now..

Time to upgrade anyway, Phase II is within 16 Months according to the Radio Shop Folks

marksmith

My GRE radios and Uniden XT radios are awful on the new Harford system - both from within the county - and from just across the Bay. My Uniden 436/536 radios, however, do a beautiful job of decoding all over Harford and in western Cecil Co / western Kent Co. The old system was a piece of cake to monitor via just about any radio.
The new 700mz system has a much more confined reception window in terms of geography. The old one I could listen to in Anne Arundel County. I pretty shocked that you can actually receive it in western Kent County. I guess its the fact there is only water between you and Harford. I'm in northern Anne Arundel and don't get a sniff even though I am also mainly water away.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what's up with the DB, but a fully updated HP1 using an Aberdeen zip code would absolutely not enable the Harford CMARC site even when I had all fire/EMS service types selected. I had to create a favorites list that included CMARC system before the radio would scan it, and as soon as I did that it received as well as I expect a scanner to- but at least it works now.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what's up with the DB, but a fully updated HP1 using an Aberdeen zip code would absolutely not enable the Harford CMARC site even when I had all fire/EMS service types selected. I had to create a favorites list that included CMARC system before the radio would scan it, and as soon as I did that it received as well as I expect a scanner to- but at least it works now.

Zip Code does not work with the PRO-668's either.

You have to " Browse Library " and get CMARC in that way.

Hope that helps as I am not familiar with the HP1 and manually browsing the library in it.

kmiller9422

Newbie here. Does anyone know of any setting tweaks or tips to get a RS PRO-668 to perform better in the Bel Air area? I can pick up CMARC pretty well, however the majority of the transmissions are garbled. Some transmissions are crystal clear. I have upgraded the antenna to the RS 800 Mhz and that did seem to improve things somewhat.
Thanks,
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.