Crews searching for person reportedly seen floating down Boulder Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
FWIW, if anyone needed any additional confirmation about LEU and TG 9565, this one was ample demonstration. LEU was helping to work this one. There certainly was a lot of confusion about search locations between dispatch and units on site, though, including basic terminology about what was essentially 'up' and 'down' river. Seems to me these folks need to start using GPS coordinates for this sort of thing if they can't do better.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
FWIW, if anyone needed any additional confirmation about LEU and TG 9565, this one was ample demonstration. LEU was helping to work this one. There certainly was a lot of confusion about search locations between dispatch and units on site, though, including basic terminology about what was essentially 'up' and 'down' river. Seems to me these folks need to start using GPS coordinates for this sort of thing if they can't do better.

Thanks, Chris! I've not had the chance to check it myself as I just don't get into Longmont all that much these days. (Since Ian has gotten his `real' DL I don't see my old Explorer all that much these days. Topping it all off Cheryl and Ruth seem to always be `out-n-about',in the LR3 too. It's beginning to look like I'm going probably see about getting either the old '63 Falcon Ranchero or '63 Fairlane back `on the road again'? [They both still run but I haven't bothered to actually `update' them for actual `pavement use'. {Wan Grin!} 'Course... I suspect that then I probably might have the same `problem' I've got with the "Exploder" and the LR3? (Technically the '63 Fairlane is Cheryl's `toy' *and* Ian has been `eyeing' the `63 Ranchero recently because it happens to have the `rare?' *optional* Shelby 260CI V8 & "4-on-the-floor" *and* he has ridden with me when I've had the chance to `let it show it's stuff'. {VB Evil Grin!})])

Oh, well... Again *Thanks*!

BTW, Thanks to all the other Colo "Scannists" who post here, too! All the assorted updates are *very much* appreciated! Between the aforementioned `transportation issues and my assorted physical `condition problems' the only `scanlist updates' I can only come up with are ones I can only discover are those I can either hear at home or the very few I can catch when riding in `the second seat' or the rare condition of actually driving around on my own. The later becoming more and more rare. {Very Wan Grin!} Again... *THANKS!*

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
My larger concern was, though this turned into a 'recovery', the amount of time lost in the search process due to confusion over the correct location for the search. Even with rough reception in canyon areas such as this was, it's not like they'd miss by half a mile with decent coordinates.

Status
Not open for further replies.