AST

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4RDX

I was out and about today and heard that Birmingham was going down till further notice and for all units to contact Jacksonville,AL also been hearing some data type key downs on DPS-tac frequency as well as the 800mhz mobile extender frequency. does anyone have any idea what is going on with the AST radio system?

medic9351301

Banned
Whats the tac freq you are hearing it on?
I had posted here that the data stream you are hearing is moody al fire dept moto turbro system.

As for the dispatch. Jacksonville is the secondary poc. For bham they handle all dispatch. When no dispatcher is working at bham, usually Saturday. After 2 is what i was told. I dont listen not enough action to keep my intrset, btw if u do a search you will find all the new rpts and freqs here

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring
AST Activity

Just a guess but was you hearing the Key-downs on this freq.
No activity on this one in my area. I think I may have heard something one time but don't think it was AST
154.81500 - DPS TAC / DPS Tactical

I have monitored the new DPS Mobile Extender freq.'s for a while but have not heard any traffic on them since they
switched form the old ones to these new ones but they may be active in some areas.
WNQC513: 854.68750 - Output / 809.68750 - Input - State Wide Use
MO3 - Mobile/Vehicular Repeater

WPAH205: 854.68750 - Output / 809.68750 - Input - State Wide Use
FB2T - Mobile Relay - Temporary, I think this may be used on their Mobile Command Trailer if/as needed..
These are not listed in RRDb yet.

Troopers making multiple traffic stops near my house with the new Chevy Tahoe's but not traffic on the Mobile Extenders.
Only hearing them on the new Repeater Outputs and Inputs.
The new Chevy Tahoe's take a bit more time to get turned around in the middle of the road.

Have not heard any traffic on their Car-to-Car freq. in a long time.
I am just curious if it was changed to something else, possibly a different freq. for each area, may be using Simplex Output of the Repeater for each area.

Note: The Mobile Extender frequency is also used in Mobile County as a Trunked Freq.
I have heard both Montgomery Head Quarters and Jacksonville Dispatching for Birmingham when the B, ham Post dispatch is not available.
Sometimes Montgomery Post does it and sometimes Jacksonville Post does it, I guess they just take turns, who knows.
I do know that when the Jacksonville Post does dispatch for B, ham both 155.445 & 154.920 are patched together when Jv Post transmits
but the repeaters are not patched together when the cars talk..

Last edited:

dave911

Premium Subscriber
I talked to a guy who used to work at the Birmingham post. They closing the dispatch at the Birmingham post and it will be handled from Jacksonville. They're going to close a few others, too. Can't remember the other ALEA dispatch centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.