DSD+ 1.080t how to video

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thank you ! I was missing a major step and will hopefully have this up an running this evening !

DSDPlus

Some info:

FMP and DSD+ audio device numbers are "different" because FMP uses output devices and you were looking at DSD+ input devices (which is correct when linking to FMP/SDR#); in/out numbers can be different because you might have different devices, like an extra input or output device, which can shift all of the following devices numbers.

Also, if you make a device the default in or out device, it becomes in or out device #1 (IIRC), which again, shifts the other device numbers.

Network and site names have to be manually added to the DSDPlus.networks and DSDPlus.sites files. Systems do not broadcast these names.

When trunk voice following, the four FMP/DSD+ console windows ("DOS windows") do not provide much useful information; they can be minimized (by clicking minimize button in upper right corner of window)

Very good video. We should put you on the payroll.

ak4fn

Some info:

FMP and DSD+ audio device numbers are "different" because FMP uses output devices and you were looking at DSD+ input devices (which is correct when linking to FMP/SDR#); in/out numbers can be different because you might have different devices, like an extra input or output device, which can shift all of the following devices numbers.

Also, if you make a device the default in or out device, it becomes in or out device #1 (IIRC), which again, shifts the other device numbers.

Network and site names have to be manually added to the DSDPlus.networks and DSDPlus.sites files. Systems do not broadcast these names.

When trunk voice following, the four FMP/DSD+ console windows ("DOS windows") do not provide much useful information; they can be minimized (by clicking minimize button in upper right corner of window)

Very good video. We should put you on the payroll.

Thanks! I added your comments to the info below the video!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
+1 on the great job. Following this video I was able to get this running the first time without any issues. I would have figured it out eventually I expect, but the ease of getting set up following this is most welcome. Thanks again.

ak4fn

Thank you! I remember following a guide you made years ago on using Windows Media Encoder to broadcast my old BC780XLT! So thank you once again!!

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
The system I am listening to has only one frequency .

There are several talk groups being heard (agencies)

Would what you show in the video allow me to monitor only certain groups ?

Also some trunk groups are coming in on slot 1
and some on slot 2 .

ak4fn

Yes as long as you used 2 dongles (or scanner with tap and a dongle).

The first Dongle (or scanner w/tap) sits on the C/C channel with the audio being 'piped' into DSDplus decoding the control channel and it tells FMP which channel to tune the other dongle to (even if it is the same freq every time) and in the bat file for FMP we set a park freq for the dongle to sit at (stock config has it at 99.9) this audo gets 'piped' to DSDplus and it will decode the Voice.

So if the group is locked out it will never tell the Voice dongle to change from the parked frequency.

As far as the Slots go I have not played with that type of system but I did see someone say it is in the way you setup your DSDPlus.frequencies file. Here is the link

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Yes as long as you used 2 dongles (or scanner with tap and a dongle).

The first Dongle (or scanner w/tap) sits on the C/C channel with the audio being 'piped' into DSDplus decoding the control channel and it tells FMP which channel to tune the other dongle to (even if it is the same freq every time) and in the bat file for FMP we set a park freq for the dongle to sit at (stock config has it at 99.9) this audo gets 'piped' to DSDplus and it will decode the Voice.

So if the group is locked out it will never tell the Voice dongle to change from the parked frequency.

As far as the Slots go I have not played with that type of system but I did see someone say it is in the way you setup your DSDPlus.frequencies file. Here is the link

This is the system I am listening to, as you can see only one frequency.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7366

RonnieUSA

ak4fn

Ok, I don't know about the LTR according to the Trunking.txt

Note: NEXEDGE, Con+ and TIII (Hytera) trunking are fully supported

Cap+ trunking is less supported (no rest channel following)

IDAS trunking should work, but has not been tested

Is that system one of those?

slicerwizard

The system I am listening to has only one frequency .

There are several talk groups being heard (agencies)

Would what you show in the video allow me to monitor only certain groups ?

Also some trunk groups are coming in on slot 1
and some on slot 2 .
If the system truly has only one RF channel and you're getting voice on both timeslots, it's not a trunking system, so no, DSD+ will not let you monitor only certain groups.

If the system is a trunking system, there must be at least one more RF channel for the control/rest channel.

That is a PassPort system. If you are decoding DMR voice, that frequency is no longer used for PassPort.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you ak4fn, this was very helpful. I have a much better idea of how all of this works. I still have a couple of questions, which hopefully someone can answer.

First, I'm using an Airspy and I understand that FMP-CC will not work with that. Does that mean that I should use SDR# to feel CC.bat directly?

Second, the system I want to monitor is a 3 channel 900 Mhz MotoTrbo site within a larger network. I have the frequencies, channel numbers, etc... In the dsdplus.frequencies file there is a place for OTAChannel.. Do 900Mhz systems use those, and if so, how do I find the OTAChannel # for specific frequencies?

Thanks.

bama9999

Extremely helpful video! Many thanks, ak4fn! I'm pretty sure I would be MUCH longer trying to figure it out on my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.