DSD+ Trunking - Any chance of P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the FastLane release? P25 wasn't mentioned in the release notes; I suppose I could just try it out.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
P25 has always been supported as far back as I remember. You won't see a change listed to support something which is already supported and well known to do so.

This goes back forever its not something new.

To answer your question I believe trunk tracking is on the list at some point. Right now I use the freq scanner plug in w/SDR# and it works great.

He's already doing DMR and NXEdge trunking from what I understand.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Mr DSD+ why have you not added P25 Phase-II?

I saw something a while back on here that it had to do with decoding protocols or whatever they call them I believe.

Apparently the current ones don't do it but I do believe it was on horizon at some point to be looked at.

They're doing wonderful work and I'm sure it'll come like much else which has already done so.

DSDPlus

Mr DSD+ why have you not added P25 Phase-II?
Phase II voice is a medium priority task. Other solutions (scanners, OP25, ...) already exist. NEXEDGE and DMR [Con+ and TIII] trunking (voice following) was a higher priority. IDAS and Cap+ voice following will also be done before Phase II voice.

Trunking is here with FastLane build 1.80t
There is no P25 trunking. DSD+ does not (yet) decode P25 control channels.

I must have missed something in the release notes somewhere. Thank you for the clarification.
There is nothing in the release notes about P25 trunking. It is also a medium priority task (below Phase II voice)

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing in the release notes about P25 trunking. It is also a medium priority task (below Phase II voice)

Well then, I'm glad I didn't drive myself crazy by trying to use a feature that isn't yet there. ;-) I'm glad to see it's on the task list.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Phase II voice is a medium priority task. Other solutions (scanners, OP25, ...) already exist. NEXEDGE and DMR [Con+ and TIII] trunking (voice following) was a higher priority. IDAS and Cap+ voice following will also be done before Phase II voice.

Thanks for the reply DSD+ and keep up the great work!

mmisk

Unitrunker for P25 Phase I control channels.

You are probably aware of this, but you can use Unitrunker for P25 Phase I control channels.

Unitrunker being the amazing application that has given me so much enjoyment over the years!

Mike

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely aware but thank you for pointing this out. I am using UT currently but always open to trying new programs. Ultimately I want to build the lowest powered SDR setup possible. My thought is DSD+ will probably use even fewer resources than UT but obviously don't know until it's tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.