DSDPlus v1.074 logging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boatanchor

Hi guys,

I'm sure there is someone out there that can help me with this.

I'm running DSPlus v1.074 via the DSD Plugin in SDRSHARP.

Everything is running well but I don't seem to be able to log/save any of the discovered RID/TG info to any of the log files within the DSDPlus directory.

The DSDPlus 'Radios' and DSDPlus 'groups' files are empty despite the DSD Event log window saying that 20 or 60 discovered entries have been saved.

Where are they being saved to if not in the DSDPlus directory?

Is there a command switch that I have missed?

Would love to go in and start editing the Alias's for these items.

DSDPlus

They are saved in the "current directory", which is the directory DSD+ is told (by the SDR# plugin) to run in.

Use Windows Explorer to find all copies of DSDPlus.radios; is maybe in a SDR# folder?

Boatanchor

Found it

Thanks DSDPlus, it was hidden in the SDRSharp directory along with the groups file :)

Which is kind of odd because SDRsharp runs DSDPlus from a separate DSDPlus v1.74 directory and the DSDPLUS.radios file in that directory is empty.

Last edited:

DSDPlus

Which is kind of odd because SDRsharp runs DSDPlus from a separate DSDPlus v1.74 directory and the DSDPLUS.radios file in that directory is empty.
The plugin is not running DSD+ in the DSD+ directory. Instead, it is running DSD+ in the SDR# directory. This is a bug or a configuration error. If the plugin does not ask you what what directory to run DSD+ in, it should run it in the directory where the DSD+ executable file is.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Mine does it too. It asks you to pick the directory where DSDPlus is at and you select that but all the stuff shows up in SDR which makes no sense but there it is.

DSDPlus

Mine does it too. It asks you to pick the directory where DSDPlus is at and you select that but all the stuff shows up in SDR which makes no sense but there it is.
That is not good. We can change the default behavior of DSD+ to load/save data files in the same folder that DSDPlus.exe is in. A new command line switch might be needed for users who prefer the original behavior, but they could just make copies of DSDPlus.exe in any working folders and run those copies of DSD+ instead. I.e. to keep DSD+ data files in SDR# folder (yuck), copy DSD+ from DSD+ folder to SDR# folder and point plugin at new copy.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why its doing it. It shouldn't from what I can tell. It gives you "Configure" and it asks you to select "DSD Path"

You click and go to your DSD folder and select from in there. How all the stuff ends up in the SDR folder is beyond me since you're operating from the DSD folder and never do anything with the SDR folder.

Its only the plug in that resides in the SDR folder but you select the DSD folder for operations.

Then again I know nothing about computers. I usually just run it from the C prompt under Admin priv. Works fine that way. Here are a couple of screen shots. As you can see the DSD files show up in the SDR folder yet the same files exist in the DSD folder at the same time although the content is different and does not match up or is kept up.

Like I said it doesn't make sense to me but there it is.

Attachments

• DSDSDR.jpg
    DSDSDR.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 339
  • DSDSDR1.jpg
    DSDSDR1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 362
  • DSDSDR2.jpg
    DSDSDR2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 342
  • DSDSDR3.jpg
    DSDSDR3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 342

slicerwizard

I don't know why its doing it. It shouldn't from what I can tell. It gives you "Configure" and it asks you to select "DSD Path"

You click and go to your DSD folder and select from in there. How all the stuff ends up in the SDR folder is beyond me since you're operating from the DSD folder and never do anything with the SDR folder.
No, you're not operating from the DSD(+) folder. The plugin just tells Windows to run "<DSD Path>\DSDPlus.exe"; it doesn't tell Windows to run DSD+ *in* "<DSD Path>". Instead, Windows runs DSD+ in the plugin's current folder, which is SDR#'s folder.

This is a bug in the plugin. It's no different than if you went into your DSD+ folder and made a subfolder with nothing in it, then from within that subfolder you ran DSD+ ("..\DSDPlus.exe"); data files would be created in that subfolder.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks Slicer, I'm not especially computer literate as you may have noticed. LOL

I thought it was selecting that folder and the exe in it to run and therefore should operate as if I ran it directly from the DSD folder.

Your explanation explains it so thank you.

Most of the time I just run it from the C prompt like DSDPlus once suggested. It resolves headaches even if its more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.