San Mateo County 700MHz P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Ever since the county moved from their 48x MHz P25 Freq to 7xx MHz, I have been unable to hear anything. I am using Uniden's 99XT, 996P2 and the 536HP. I was in an email exchange with another user who had the same issue. The County is in Redwood City, I am in Burlingame which is north, but not that far. My antenna is in the window to pickup reflected digital signals and has an RF pre-amp inline. I can hear distant CHP just fine (Yes, I know they are low band) but I also can't hear their 700MHz systems.

Is there some special setting that I need to make to the scanners? I doubt it. Rather, I'm thinking that the RR database pulled the info from the FCC database and the County is using some other control channel configuration.

I welcome suggestions, except for the sarcastic ones.

BTW: I live one city away from a BART station, yet I can't hear anything on BART's trunking system. D'Oh !

PCTEK

bump.. I take from the lack of any responses that everyone in the San Mateo County area is able to receive the SMCO P25 traffic just fine with the data already in RR... Interesting since I know of people that can't. I don't think the download RR uses from the FCC database has been verified as working.

aramice85

Premium Subscriber
San Mateo

hello

I came in san mateo on holidays last year, I live in France
I have a Uniden bcd996xt
I programmed RR list of fréquencies san mateo and SF with my soft bct bools

I never succeded to hear SFFD ambulances (only public work) in the list and san mateo county in P25 or SFO

the scan indicate "Finding Ctrl channel"

bye
Jérôme

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
Lock on to the Countywide Simulcast as listed in the database. Make sure your squelch is set at 2. That should work just fine.

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber
I live in Redwood City and have no problem picking up the SMCO P25 system. I also receive it just fine from my office in San Mateo.

I've locked it on the Countywide Simulcast site and pick up a lot of activity from police and EMS dispatch to EMS to hospital comms. 773.48125 has been the CC for quite some time now so if you can pick up that frequency, could be a simple configuration problem.

I've locked out many of the TGs I'm not interested in so I can't say how much activity they may have. I do recall hearing roll call / radio tests at 6pm on the Maguire Correctional Facility TG and I've heard comms on the Womens Correction Center TG in the past as well.

PCTEK

Hello. As suggested, Attached is my file from my 996P2 which includes the SMCO 700 MHz and talk groups. I did try setting the just the single Simulcast frequency, still nothing. Can anyone tell from the file that something may be wrong? Thanks for any and all the help!

Attachments

• My_996P2_ProScan.txt
    85.1 KB · Views: 160

kma371

QRT
Hello. As suggested, Attached is my file from my 996P2 which includes the SMCO 700 MHz and talk groups. I did try setting the just the single Simulcast frequency, still nothing. Can anyone tell from the file that something may be wrong? Thanks for any and all the help!

disregard, thought it was a free scan file, guess its proscan..let me look, hang on

kma371

QRT
you have the system set up as a "one frequency trunk" system. it wont work that way.

it needs to be a straight p25 system.

also you have all the sites locked out but one.

fixed your file and reuploaded.

Attachments

• My_996P2_ProScan.txt
    86.3 KB · Views: 134

PCTEK

KMA371. No luck. When I manually go to a talk group, Sheriff, it just keeps displaying "Finding Control Channel". This happens on any group I select. The reason I had it set to P-25 single channel trunk was because an earlier poster said to just use the single Simulcast frequency of 773.48125. My version of ProScan does not display the last "5" could that be a problem? What is the correct channel spacing for 773 MHz? I changed it to 12.5KHz.

kma371

QRT
KMA371. No luck. When I manually go to a talk group, Sheriff, it just keeps displaying "Finding Control Channel". This happens on any group I select. The reason I had it set to P-25 single channel trunk was because an earlier poster said to just use the single Simulcast frequency of 773.48125. My version of ProScan does not display the last "5" could that be a problem? What is the correct channel spacing for 773 MHz? I changed it to 12.5KHz.

If you downloaded from the DB, you shouldn't need to change anything. Let me look again later tonight. You may have changed something else.

Try listening in a conventional sense. Maybe you just can't hear the control channel from your location

kma371

QRT
Ok try this one.

It's just San Mateo P25's system with only two Sheriff talkgroups. Just want to see if you can hear anything.

Attachments

• My_996P2_ProScan.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 140

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber
KMA371. The reason I had it set to P-25 single channel trunk was because an earlier poster said to just use the single Simulcast frequency of 773.48125.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to use a single frequency...what I meant was if you could hear/receive the control channel on that frequency, you had no problem receiving the site and the issue must just be related to configuration.

PCTEK

If you downloaded from the DB, you shouldn't need to change anything. Let me look again later tonight. You may have changed something else.

Try listening in a conventional sense. Maybe you just can't hear the control channel from your location

Did you get a chance to take a second look?

PCTEK

Ok try this one.

It's just San Mateo P25's system with only two Sheriff talkgroups. Just want to see if you can hear anything.

I wasnt able to hear anything. You had odd freqencies listed. I then update the firmware on my 996P2 to 1.07.xx and created the small test group in ARC-XT Pro. I used the 4 frequencies from the RR database. It's been scanning for the last 10 min and still nothing. At least it no longer says "looking for control channel"

kma371

QRT
I wasnt able to hear anything. You had odd freqencies listed. I then update the firmware on my 996P2 to 1.07.xx and created the small test group in ARC-XT Pro. I used the 4 frequencies from the RR database. It's been scanning for the last 10 min and still nothing. At least it no longer says "looking for control channel"

The frequencies were correct. i sent you a PM. maybe we can do this over the phone. This seems to be a programming issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.