Jack NeSmith SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airboss

Silent Key
I just got off the phone with Jack NeSmith's daughter. She and Jean wanted me to pass along that Jack "Grunt" NeSmith passed away this morning in a local hospital in Florida.

Jack was diagnosed a few weeks ago with brain cancer and went through surgery. Things were looking up and he was in high spirits. But in the end the radiation and chemo weakened him and pneumonia developed Monday. He went into the hospital Tuesday but things had progressed to far for a recovery.

Jack has been my close friend for well over 25 years. We shared a lot including daily telephone calls and visits. He was quite the character, loved scanners and in particular, milcom monitoring.

According to Jean there will not be a service, so we won't be heading down to FLA. If I learn anymore I will pass it along.

Please pass this along to the SEFLORIDA and CFLG newsgroups. I know he was a member there and I am sure some will want to know.

Rest in peace Jack. Gayle and I will miss you, as well as your many scanner/milcom friends.

Chief Larry

Larry Van Horn, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC USA
President, Teak Publishing
Twitter: @MilcomMP, Mode-S Monitor
Milcom Monitoring Post Milcom Monitoring Post

Last edited:

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
That's tough to hear. Jack was a constant provider of good information. Rest in peace, Jack.

Thanks for passing that along. Sad to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info Larry. Sad to hear Jack has passed. What a wealth of knowledge. Prayers for the family...

David
Bowling green, KY

Haley

This is sad news, my thoughts are with his family. I met Jack through this forum ,I probably asked a lot of dumb questions starting out, and I think Jack got tired of it. He reached out to me through a PM, and exchanged lots of information to get a guy (someone he didn't know) started in the MILCOM monitoring world. I have everything he sent me in a file, and reference it quite often. I looked forward to his daily morning email with his loggings, and the wealth of knowledge he had. I know it might seem a little strange to some, even though I never met him face to face, I could tell he was quite a colorful guy, tough on the outside, but willing to help anyone .I know I wont forget how he helped me when I was starting out. Mike

brandon

Database Admin
Very sad news about Jack. He always had good information and shared a lot with the community and will be greatly missed. RIP Jack.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
When I first met Jack ''BMT'' on here he helped me gather frequencies for the Florida Mil-Air that are in use so I can program to my scanner. May he rest in peace and prayers sent to his family.

rbm

I somehow missed this thread.

Jack was one of the 'good guys'.
I'm saddened to hear the news of his passing.

He and I communicated for a few years about Military and SatCom listening.

He helped me with that kind of information and I was glad to return the favor when he got his first USB dongle to use with SDR#.

There aren't nearly enough people around as good as Jack.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.